• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ANY TIPS FOR ???

BlueDiamond

Hello all.

Hope your all having a nice week.

My post Is to ask anyway if they have any tips for acid indigestion. I cannot use any tab based because of my gallbladder and i been using gaviscon and couple of others (soz cant remember they're names) I don't eat anything spicy or have anything fizzy (again coz of gallbladder) and cannot figure out what is causing it, but its extremely painful keeping me awake and damn right pest:mad:! Any tips would be greatfully recieved.

All the best - MeJulie xx

Hello all.

Hope your all having a nice week.

My post Is to ask anyway if they have any tips for acid indigestion. I cannot use any tab based because of my gallbladder and i been using gaviscon and couple of others (soz cant remember they're names) I don't eat anything spicy or have anything fizzy (again coz of gallbladder) and cannot figure out what is causing it, but its extremely painful keeping me awake and damn right pest:mad:! Any tips would be greatfully recieved.

All the best - MeJulie xx

I was prescribed 'Omeprazol' and it is good...I take that in first thing in the morning and a little Gaviscon at night.

You will find that you can eat almost anything once the Omeprazol is in your system...It is a proton pump inhibitor that helps with the acid in the stomach and stops it damaging other parts...I was silly and stopped taking about 2 years ago as I did not realise I should have stayed on it.

BTW...I also have a Gallbladder problem...(I whispered that as I don't want to wake mine up again after the flare up...lol)

Hope that helps Julie

(((hugs)))

My twins have severe reflux and are awaiting surgery for it and lansoperazole is their saviour. They get it from the GP. It is another proton pump inhibitor.

Hiya

21 Years ago I had my gallbladder removed after a single flare up which I will never ever forget! Anyway, I was told in the interim between the attack and the removal that I had to eat a completely fat free diet to stop further attacks - have you guys been told this - it might help you stave off any more pain!

Hi Caroline

Yes I have been to scared to eat anything fatty, since I came out of hospital 7 weeks ago, as I have had 3 bouts of an attack in the last year and awaiting a date for my surgery (hope to be real soon). but all of a sudden this acid indigestion has flared up out of nowhere. Made me a vomit a little last nite as well. Its horrible and painful :mad:

Thanks for replying - MeJulie xx

Hiya

21 Years ago I had my gallbladder removed after a single flare up which I will never ever forget! Anyway, I was told in the interim between the attack and the removal that I had to eat a completely fat free diet to stop further attacks - have you guys been told this - it might help you stave off any more pain!

Poor you - its miserable isnt it. Never had the acid reflux thankfully. Still at least they do the surgery laproscopically now - I have a large scar which of course has stretched along with me - 10 days in hospital and drains and drips! You are in and out now!

hi there, if you was looking for something that isn't from the doctors then i always swear by peppermint cordial. it does the job and it isn't bad for you at all, you can take as much of it as you want...... hope this helps. tasha xxx

Hi, I take lansoperazole once a day. Its v-good and works much better than anything you could get over the counter. xx

Hiya

Hi Caroline

Shows how bad that pain is because I remember that more than I remember labour pains...lol.....it h~u~r~t~s so bad.

(((hugs)))

I was banging my head against the floor cause I couldnt think of what else to do - everything also seemed to go grey! Why have gall bladders if they go wrong - whats that all about LOL! Nature is strange

I sufferd with chronic GERD pre-op so much so that I slept sitting up on more than one occassion. I had a chewable tums addiction I swear! I started having a glass of milk and a piece of white fluffy bread every night before bead which seemed to help a bit. I also cut out alcohol, fizzy drinks & caffine as they are know culprits of late night acid reflux. I also would brush my teeth and gargel with mouth wash when I would start to have an attack, something about your enzymes in your mouth making acid reflux worse. I now as a post-op take lansoprazole (30mg per day) and I have never had acid reflux again in 8 months!!!

HTH,
Nic:D

I take Lansoperazole twice a day and if its really bad I take Zantac's which I buy over the counter.

I just have a glass of milk too but have had gaviscon before but it makes me heave. Indegestion is not something I've suffered with alot, mostly after having something garlic flavoured. Have'nt had any garlic since op though. Hope you get it sorted mejulie.

Back