• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anybody here from Milton Keynes?

Raynebubble

Hi my name is Lorraine, just wondered if anybody here is from Milton Keynes? xxx

hi lorraine, i am! x

Hello, nice to meet you, i live in Fenny Stratford and had my surgery in Londons Charing Cross Hospital.
How are getting along? do you know if there is any support groups in Milton Keynes for weight loss surgery? The hospital in London have one but its a long way to go xx

Hi Rayne
I live in Great Linford

Hello, nice to meet you, i live in Fenny Stratford only i had a bypass on 25th November... how are you feeling now....
I was feeling a bit alone on here, most people i speak to are London areas, im happy ive found someone in MK...
im on liquids at the moment and due to start pureed food on monday... can i ask you did you find that bit daunting and what did you eat?
your pics are amazing...sorry im full of questions just excited ive found someone in MK xx

Good Luck today with puree food remember to eat slow even though its pureed try to chew every mouth full at least 20 times, i was told to aim for 4/6 small meals a day but i found this quite hard to do with the fluid intake aswell. You can try quite a few things but make sure you blend/liquidis every thing down to puree use gravy or sauces to make it sloppy, i was told to always check the content of fat and sugar on the back of products and to keep within 5% fat and 8% sugar per 100g and i still do this when shopping also try to make your food high in protein. This past year for me has gone so fast my weightloss now has slowed down but i am so happy as i am now that it wont bother me if i dont lose any more my life is 100% better. Hope this helps you and if you have any questions ask away and i will try to help. I dont get on here often at the moment as my daughter just had twins so been busy helping her.Maybe in the new year we could meet up for a coffee and chat.
Best wishes to you
Charmaine

Rayne, Very sorry but ive got the fat and sugar the wrong way round it should be 5% sugar and 8% fat per 100g

Good Luck today with puree food remember to eat slow even though its pureed try to chew every mouth full at least 20 times, i was told to aim for 4/6 small meals a day but i found this quite hard to do with the fluid intake aswell. You can try quite a few things but make sure you blend/liquidis every thing down to puree use gravy or sauces to make it sloppy, i was told to always check the content of fat and sugar on the back of products and to keep within 5% fat and 8% sugar per 100g and i still do this when shopping also try to make your food high in protein. This past year for me has gone so fast my weightloss now has slowed down but i am so happy as i am now that it wont bother me if i dont lose any more my life is 100% better. Hope this helps you and if you have any questions ask away and i will try to help. I dont get on here often at the moment as my daughter just had twins so been busy helping her.Maybe in the new year we could meet up for a coffee and chat.
Best wishes to you
Charmaine

Thankyou Charmain i really do appreciate your support and advice, and i would love to meet up in the new year :) xx
I had an actimel for brekkie today as i didnt have any yogurts or fromais frais... but have now lol..
Lunch was nice though i had a scrambled egg i made with a tiny bit of milk. and on the side i had 3 tspns of mash potato, and 3 tspns of carrots and peas and i blended these with low fat gravy... and it was yummy... im looking forward to dinner lol.... i ate slow... had to put it in the micro to reheat but ive had to do that with the soup on the liquid diet lol.. i brought some no sugar crusha milkshke mix for my milk today that was nice too.
Im so happy you have been able to get your life just where you want it xx

Back