• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone from North Yorkshire using James Cook Hosp

vicky jenkins

Hi
Just wondering if anyone has attended James Cook and what the process was start to finish?
I was told by go it would be a 3 tier referral, but I don't have to attend seminar....( is that one of the tiers) I attend clinic on 19 th sept to meet the weight management team. ( filled in lots of questionnaires)
Can anyone advise me on the possible process? And time ?

Hi
Just wondering if anyone has attended James Cook and what the process was start to finish?
I was told by go it would be a 3 tier referral, but I don't have to attend seminar....( is that one of the tiers) I attend clinic on 19 th sept to meet the weight management team. ( filled in lots of questionnaires)
Can anyone advise me on the possible process? And time ?
Hi, I started on tier 3 in January 16 at Northallerton hospital. You see psychologist first who digs into your background and why/how you got to your weight and asks about any medical issues you may have, they weigh you and if your future aim is surgery you will be given a weight loss goal, she then referred me to the respiratory clinic for a sleep apnea test. You have to have 2 sessions with the dietitian and you'll see the personal fitness trainer. My first appointment with the consultant was August and as I'd smashed my goal that they'd set he was happy to refer me early to the bariatric team at James Cook. Seminar is the next step which I attend on 19th. I hope that makes sense and helps a little x

Hi, I started on tier 3 in January 16 at Northallerton hospital. You see psychologist first who digs into your background and why/how you got to your weight and asks about any medical issues you may have, they weigh you and if your future aim is surgery you will be given a weight loss goal, she then referred me to the respiratory clinic for a sleep apnea test. You have to have 2 sessions with the dietitian and you'll see the personal fitness trainer. My first appointment with the consultant was August and as I'd smashed my goal that they'd set he was happy to refer me early to the bariatric team at James Cook. Seminar is the next step which I attend on 19th. I hope that makes sense and helps a little x
Thank you
so will they give me the weight loss goal on Monday at my clinic apt? and how long did they give you to lose the weight?
so you haven't got a surgery date yet? did they ask you what surgery you wanted? and what have you chosen?
I'm really hoping it doesn't take that long, 9 months for you and counting? it must feel like forever!

Thank you
so will they give me the weight loss goal on Monday at my clinic apt? and how long did they give you to lose the weight?
so you haven't got a surgery date yet? did they ask you what surgery you wanted? and what have you chosen?
I'm really hoping it doesn't take that long, 9 months for you and counting? it must feel like forever!
Yes they will give you a goal but they don't give you a timescale but 3 tier is anything upto a year to complete, just try and attend all of your appointments with the various ppl and it shows your committed. The seminar comes after you've been referred from 3 tier to the bariatric team which is when they set another goal and I decide which procedure to go for. James cook apparently has a really quick waiting list so reading past posts from seminar in September to surgery is around 4 months.

Yes they will give you a goal but they don't give you a timescale but 3 tier is anything upto a year to complete, just try and attend all of your appointments with the various ppl and it shows your committed. The seminar comes after you've been referred from 3 tier to the bariatric team which is when they set another goal and I decide which procedure to go for. James cook apparently has a really quick waiting list so reading past posts from seminar in September to surgery is around 4 months.
I'm looking forward to the appointment just to know what is what! it all seems so different. my BMI is 49/50 depending on what scales I go on, does the process change at all depending on your BMI do you know?

I'm looking forward to the appointment just to know what is what! it all seems so different. my BMI is 49/50 depending on what scales I go on, does the process change at all depending on your BMI do you know?
No I don't think so, my BMI was 50. When you go to all your appointments after the initial one on Monday you will be weighed so I just suggest cracking on with loosing weight so they can see your commitment and then maybe you will be referred earlier than the 12 month timescale like I was.

Back