• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone tried a frozen yoghurt/icecream maker?

yorkiegal

Baxter's mum
I've been round all the supermarkets and they barely seem to stock frozen yoghurt, despite it being a great low fat alternative to icecream. The only nice one I've found is yeo valley strawberry frozen yoghurt which is very yummy. The others, like ben and jerry's are laden with added chocolate.

So I'm contemplating buying an icecream maker but don't want another gadget to put in the cupboard of death in the kitchen.

Anyone tried one or got any good recipes?

I have one, and it has become the gadget in the cupboardof death!:eek:
I kept meaning to dig it out, but actually making the icecream seemed like way too much work.

Easi-yo ice-cream maker is cheap basically a sandwich box. Use the lowfat yoghurt sachets instead with splenda rather than sugar & it's great as is the easi-yo yoghurt mixed with a little milk, fresh or frozen fruit & a good scoop of natural protein powder blitzed as a smoothie.

Lidl do some great frozen yoghurts and sobets :)

I can't find a frozen yoghurt or sorbet with less than 10g of sugars per 100g.
Any ideas?

I just freeze a yogurt, take the lid off n make sure u mix every 15-20mins to stop solid ice forming xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Haylz6 said:
I just freeze a yogurt, take the lid off n make sure u mix every 15-20mins to stop solid ice forming xx

Cheers me dear - never thought of that! Doh.
xXx

I do it all the time also frozen grapes are great too xx

I had a an Ice-cream maker from argos (morphy richards i think). too much faff apparently my freezer wasn't cold enough(-18 degrees), and you have to wait 12 hours to freeze the bowl. I ended up taking it back. It looked easy enough and thought i would be churning out tub after tub of low fat ice cream, i gave up after 2 attempts.

Yep it's gorgeous not as sweet as ice cream but just as lovely especially with fruit crushed in.
I look out for the stall at local country fairs it's my treat pre-op instead of the usual rich ice cream plan to purée some fruit & mix in with some plain yoghurt & freeze etc as you would making your own & see how close I can get at home as the Ben & jerry ones have far to many naughty bits in them post-op. lol

I am glad I found this as was trying to find how to make 'good' ice cream. I love the idea of putting the yogurt in and making it that way will be giving this a try later. Thank you x

Back