• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Applying for a new job this weekend....

Mrs_CakeyBun

Joy's the best makeup :-)
My supervisor retired the week before I went for WLS and they advertised her job while I was off.....Ive been umming and Ahhing about it but have decided to apply...its a couple of grades higher than I'm currently at and having got the "person spec" through today, and knowing the job, I'm sure i can do it so will be writing up all the supporting info this weekend. Its very daunting tho and tho my senior boss is supportive of my application I also know that at least 4 library managers have applied for the job too:confused:
I'm feeling better about my self so much since starting this WLS journey like I have control of my life again but having a gentle freak out over applying:eek:

Anyway got that off my chest back to trying to tell them about my leadership qualities and my and my ability to deal with change in the workplace...blah blah blah:rolleyes:

go 4 it wanda, with your new found confidence and your experience they would be mad to offer the job to anyone else !

good luck with it xxxx

Go for it! If you can handle WLS, you can nail most situations.
Good luck
yoyo

good luck with your application Wanda xx

Good for you Wanda, that's a brilliant opportunity. Don't forget about Transferable skills; working well on your own and as part of a team; the ability to inspire confidence in your workers and the public; your desire to gradually develop your role; your innovative but realistic attitude for the job; your comittment to inclusive working practices;blah blah etc.!

Thanks for the lovely boost ladies...you know what its like its so hard to write good/nice things about yourself isnt it:rolleyes:

your all lovely :thankyou:

I think your in the right place so go for it Wanda - it is all part of the new you and you deserve it for all your hard work and commitment:bliss::bliss:Just going off the subject would the lady who does the 'I'm a loser' necklaces be able to do them in keyring form as my skin does funny things when i wear chains etc round my neck?

I have no idea babe best to ask her i will bump the post so you can get her details xx

and thanks for your lovely support xx

Good luck with the application, is it competancy based like most local authorities - those darn things take ages if it is! x :sigh:

oh yes it one of "those" forms :cry::cry::cry: her a a few of the flippin questions....arggggggg

Describe your ability to communicate with all staff working across the county, and with other customers, contractors and HCC providers.
Please describe how you are able to work without discrimination to service users and colleagues
Please describe how you are able to work without discrimination to service users and colleagues
Describe your ability to show good organisational skills and problem solving skills, coping with pressure and prioritising effectively.
Please describe your awareness of business continuity planning

and on and on like this :eek:

Oh dear, good luck with it once you get started and break down the questions to what they are actually asking, its amazing how fantastic you can make yourself sound using the language they want you to!

OMG Ive been at this for hours and I still have
Health and safety
Budgets
Being a team player
and business continuity to go....ARGGGGGG its talking for ever but if I can get it done tonight then I can read it through several times over the weekend and amend as necessary lol :cry:

Wanda, have you got the job description to hand? Basically list down everything they are looking for from the description and fit it to their questions using examples. Use key words because if it is done on a points basis, when your application is read, the person doing it will need the words to tick off - plus examples. These do not need to be overview examples - simply day to day with insight as to how they reflect the overview.
I have been responsible for a number of LEA interviews and setting questions. If you want info just ask. These were for LEA teaching posts but will be more or less the same because of equal ops.

Don't panic. It is a chance to show off all you know.

Sorry, got a bit carried away - you prob know all of this anyway. Can't help myself sometimes.:sigh:

I posted that book to you this morning Wanda so fingers crossed it turns up in time to be of any use to you xx

Back