• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

At your worst, how much did you eat a day?

Tyraboots

At my worst, I used to eat:

Breakfast
3 slices of toast and beans.
Pack of biscuits
Pack of turkey rashers fried in a sandwich.

Elevenses.
Crisps, 6 packs
Pack of kit kats (6 in a pack)

Lunch
Chicken madras rice and nan
2 pear tarts
2 galaxy caramels

Tea.
12 chicken nuggets and mash and beans

Evening
1 or 2 Galaxy caramels
More crisps
Pear tart with double cream.
Domino's pizza (large)

Fess up...............

Omg Tyra thats just as bad as mine hun, although i darnt admit to everything i ate, i had a big problem with chocolate by the 5 or 6 pack and triple pack of penguins and oh my favourite used to be tesco giant cookies, oh man they were good,, drueling now but glad i cannot eat it anymore it just made me ill:)

Sharon xx

No one will belive me but i am not a big eater so this is me -

Breakfast
cup of tea

call at my mums on way home from school run
cup of coffee

home
tuna or ham salad butty maybe a packet of crisps
cup of coffee or tea

might have a couple of sneaky choccy biccies at my mums at the 3pm home school run with my coffee (she lives 4 doors away from me on teh way to school lol how handy)

kids tea time
might pinch a chicken nugget or a chip or bite of something (you know to tide me over)

tea time
could be anything from
chicken chips and salad with mayo
roast dinner
bangers and mash
steak and chips and salad
pizza and chips
fajitas (weekend meal)
curry rice with popadoms and bhaji's (weekend meal)
love french bread with crispy chicken and salad and mayo (might have this 4 times a week lol)

couple more cups of tea or cordial

thats it unless its weekend
if its weekend then fri and sat night also included 4 cans of strongbow or couple of bottles of wine and maybe some crisps like family pack of onion rings from tesco

I am not really a choccy eater so i would say i would eat a chocolate bar probably twice a month normally the week af is due

i wasnt a big eater just a fizzy drink drinker. sometimes up to 4 litres dr pepper a day and i never drank anything else.

this is just a few examples below i would of ate.....

Breakfast.. a huge bowl of cornflakes with full fat milk and lots of sugar.

Lunch... Maybe pie chips & beans with 4 slices of bread
or
burger & chips this is just a couple of examples.

Evening meal..... was usualy ordered in pizza id eat a whole 1 to my self and the chips as wel or it be macdonalds large/supersized meals with extra chips.

i wasnt really a snacker but i did like big unhealthy meals if i did snack id rather of had crisps than chocolate.

oh and i was a huge fan of greggs the bakers ate lottsa pastys/ sausage rolls just for fun if i was in town.

liz thats me woohoo does it mean i am gonna do as well as you ? x

liz thats me woohoo does it mean i am gonna do as well as you ? x

yes helen you will if you was a more of a savoury eater than a sweet eater and prefered huge meals rather than snacks then the band will work well for you, it will help with portion control and this was where i needed help, just remember to stay away from snacks as the band will allow that, any help or advice you need at any time just ask ok xxx

Liz x

At the end I was making a complete pig of myself!!

If I was at work on shifts I'd call at McDonalds for a breakfast and an extra double sausage and egg McMuffin, then have soem breakfast at work about 10, lunch was whatever they had in the canteen then call at McDonalds on the way home and get a meal an extra burger and a box of 20 nuggets!

Or if I wasn't working, go to Morrisons to the meat counter and buy loads that was going out of date, cook it all and have onion rings with it. I'd often cook too much and it was too much to fit on a large plate!

I reckon I was spending over £25 a day on food just for me!

I wasnt a big eater i know a lot of us say that but i wasnt my problem was Alcohol on a normal week ide drink 12/15 pints per night 4 times a week then if "i was on one " ide do the same with 4/5 double Bacardi's and coke and 4/5 shots of Sambucca then order food, its not rocket science why i was/am a fat b#####d, had some good nights though haha

i didnt eat much during day nights were my big problem.
breakfast
nothing or just a coffee or coffee and a couple of slices of toast.
lunch
sometimes nothing or toast and tommatoes, or a pie if hubby was having one.
dinner
if i made a chilli or chicken curry or lasangea for my lads` id have some with oven chips.
wen i was feeling good id have a salad but boy was it a salad ie. lettice, tom, beetroot, cucumber, onion,boiled egg,with either jacket potato and colslaw or cottage cheese, or savoury rice and ham, beef or tuna, or beef or chiken noodles. all with salad cream over it
snacks usually late at night
3 or 4 rounds of toast 2 or 3 pks of crisps rocky bars any biscuits we had in all with fizzy pop
lol it makes my eyes water just thinking about it....................kath x

Great thread, its shocking what I used to eat when I think back... I worked full time for a year last year so my diet was...

3 - 4 Slices of Toast, often with loads of cheese on and a coffee soon as I woke up.

When I got to work at 10am would have a large full fat sugary lattee and either 2 paninis or one panini and a bag of crisp

Lunch - as I worked in city centre was plenty to eat, chippy, pizza hut was near by, subway (18 inches a time) greggs or mcdonalds

Tea - massive portions of pasta, currys, burgers washed down with 6 coronas most nights...

I used to reguarly eat huge kebabs, a whole dominoes pizza with garlic bread to myself, would eat 4 greggs pastys a time, 18 inches of subway, huge currys with all the trimmings, 2 pot noodles a time, whole french sticks with loads of meat and cheese, pints of milk at a time, 3 or 4 bottles of wine a time, 3 or 4 bags of crisps, whole family apple pie and tin of custard, 6 pitta breads with whole pot of hummous, whole tub of ben n jerrys, whole family cheesecake, 15 - 20 pints of lager, once ate a whole box of cereal in a day (was on that cereal diet) lol huge chinese take aways with spring rolls etc I once ate a whole aromatic crispy duck as a starter, huuuuge steaks, I would make recipes for 4 people and serve myself and amy, I would have enough for 3 people she would have enough for one, I once ate 2 garlic bread baguettes at 3am.....

Wow it was good to get all that off my chest...

Now all I eat is a lettuce leaf and am full ;-) hahahaha

one question be honest
do you miss it ?

HAHA Quality mate i'me not going to list all mine but reading that brings back memories, still laughing.

Great thread, its shocking what I used to eat when I think back... I worked full time for a year last year so my diet was...

3 - 4 Slices of Toast, often with loads of cheese on and a coffee soon as I woke up.

When I got to work at 10am would have a large full fat sugary lattee and either 2 paninis or one panini and a bag of crisp

Lunch - as I worked in city centre was plenty to eat, chippy, pizza hut was near by, subway (18 inches a time) greggs or mcdonalds

Tea - massive portions of pasta, currys, burgers washed down with 6 coronas most nights...

I used to reguarly eat huge kebabs, a whole dominoes pizza with garlic bread to myself, would eat 4 greggs pastys a time, 18 inches of subway, huge currys with all the trimmings, 2 pot noodles a time, whole french sticks with loads of meat and cheese, pints of milk at a time, 3 or 4 bottles of wine a time, 3 or 4 bags of crisps, whole family apple pie and tin of custard, 6 pitta breads with whole pot of hummous, whole tub of ben n jerrys, whole family cheesecake, 15 - 20 pints of lager, once ate a whole box of cereal in a day (was on that cereal diet) lol huge chinese take aways with spring rolls etc I once ate a whole aromatic crispy duck as a starter, huuuuge steaks, I would make recipes for 4 people and serve myself and amy, I would have enough for 3 people she would have enough for one, I once ate 2 garlic bread baguettes at 3am.....

Wow it was good to get all that off my chest...

Now all I eat is a lettuce leaf and am full ;-) hahahaha

Breakfast would be nothing or bacon on toast
Dinner would be sandwich with at least 3 packs of crisp throughout the day
Tea would be massive portion of curry, chinese, half a cooked chicken all with chipse etc followed by at least 2-3 packs of crisps!!

I just wrote out a huge long reply and it vanished arghhhhh lol
So I am going to do an abbreviated version.
Right, what DIDNT I eat!!! If it was in front of me I ate it and usually in multiples, not multiple bags of crisps etc but definately sandwiches and cakes and yoghurts etc
I used to gorge on punnets of strawberries and cherries and a couple of bananas etc
The scary thing is that I didnt know!!! The nurse at the hospital the day I met the surgeon said to me "you MUST be eating something" when I was answering her questions about my eating habits, because in my mind I was eating well and clearly not enough to keep me as fat as I was. It only truly hit me when I was on the pre-op diet and it all sunk in and I was disgusted and felt ashamed!! Hubby had tried to tell me and I wouldnt listen and couldnt see it.
Do I miss it, yes for the reason that it was so much easier, I just ate the food, I didnt have to think about it too much, I could eat what I wanted, when I wanted and from where I wanted, now I cant, I dont eat bread now and do not plan to either and that can make it difficult getting a quick lunch out or something, so for that reason yes I do miss pre-op eating but also no I dont, because it was so unhealthy and I love my eating habits now and am thrilled that my surgery all but hit my reset button with food and made it so that I could beat the demons and now I dont eat the foods that used to haunt me and I love it.
So for minor inconvenience reasons yes I do miss it but for everything else, nope.
Steph xx

I don't miss those foods at all... Its a good job I never ate chocolate otherwise I would have weighed sooo much more...

A few years ago I used to binge eat quite badly. I've included some of the things I used to eat, it wasn't all in one day though.

I could eat a 10 inch pizza and garlic bread in one sitting

I used to go through a full thick crust loaf and a jar of peanut butter, I'd have it toasted.

I used to go and buy 6 bars of chocolate and 5 packets of crisps, biscuits and cakes etc and eat them all in one go.

I've been to McDonalds and had 2 big mac meals in one sitting before now.

One other problem I have is that I can eat very quickly. I've usually finished my meal before everyone else is half way through theirs.

Back