• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

B vitamin deficiency?

Mio

I was just wondering if anyone had gotten any vitamin deficiency problems after their op?

I've had a few annoying things raise their head in the past couple of weeks, and while looking online I noticed they can be symptoms of B vitamin deficiency, specifically B2.

Problems I'm having include sore/swollen mouth, flaky/itchy patches on my back, tiredness (but unable to sleep) and sore/stinging eyes that are worse in bright light (haven't been able to wear my contact lenses at all!)

am going to try and get an appointment at my docs this week but wondered if anyone else had experienced something similar?

Are you having your B12 injections? Don't know if this is the cause but I have already had mine & know they are 3 monthly for life ... hope this is the cause & can be sorted with a simple injection xxx :):)

Sorry Mio, Forgot you were a bander ... ignore me, lol xxx

Last edited:
Vit B12 injections are only routinely given to Bypassers because of the absorption problems they have long term. Banders don't have this problem as we absorb everything from our food. You would be extremely unlucky to become deficient in B vits particularly if you are taking your multivit tablet every day unless something else was going on. I know its early days for you Mio and your food intake has probably decreased significantly but its unlikely to be anything major. Your body may just be adjusting to the new eating regime because it is a HUGE change for it to cope with. Definitely speak to your doctor though if you're worried.
I always blame stuff like this on hormones!! haha, but then I'm menopausal and thats another story!
Good luck today with your fill. You'll be amazed that you were ever worried! xx

Good luck with ur fill s
Today... I am sure it ll be painless and straight forward x

Back