• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

B12 Levels query - any medical pro's here??

Bear

So, I had a full blood test last week at my GP. Taking into account I'm the only person either GP has known that has had a sleeve, they're not really that clued up.

Anyway, I asked for a blood test as I was 1 year post op, but I'm confused over the results.

My B12 Folate level was 20ng/ml and it said 'satisfactory no further action'. However, on reading more about this I've read that the normal levels are 140ng/ml - 960ng/ml if the test was done on red blood cells. I've now read something else which says if the test is done on blood plasma the range is 2ng/ml - 10ng/ml.

So basically, my result doesn't look satisfactory when taking into account either of those guidelines.

Is there anyone in the medical profession or in the know about B12 levels who could give me the heads up on whether I should question these levels at all.

Hi Bear

Sorry not in the medical profession, but I had a Sleeve same has you, nearly a year out.

You need to be asking questions, those levels ar'nt right and you do need to be having B12 injections.
Those counts of yours are nearly the same has mine, and I have B12 every 3 months now.

Hope someone come's along, and give's you some advise.

Thanks JJJ. As it turns out I was given incorrect figures by the receptionist. All sorted now and my levels are good.

Back