• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Balloon booked - 11th april

hollymarie

Hi all, im Holly. been looking into wls for nearly two years now but could never afford it. just got a nice bonus at work so just decided to take the plunge and get it booked. 11th April is the big day!:D soooo excited but really nervous too! what if the balloon bursts and gets stuck in my intestines or blocks my bowels? eek :eek:. luckily my partner is coming with me for support so i know i wont be alone though.
anyway, just wanted to introduce myself, hi to all and congratulations to those of you that have made their ops a success!!! hopefully i will follow suit!
xx

Welcome n good luck hun x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Welcome and good luck! Xxx

Hiya and Welcome, Good Luck with ur Journey x

I'm booked in for the 11th too! Good luck xx

Welcome to the site xx
Write a list of a and ask anything that worries you before you have it done no matter how small or silly it seems, better to fully armed and less stressed xx

hi holly and welcome to this site, feeling worried about things going wrong is only natural most of us on here went through the same what ifs, i am sure you will be fine as dawn has said taking a list of whats worrying you and asking questions willl put your mind at rest take care and look forward to reading how your op went. xxxxx

Hiya Hollymarie, hope all goes well with your balloon! Don't worry about it leaking - you'll start to pee green water if it does, so you'll get warning signs. It can burst but its highly unlikely as they are pretty tough silicone and I was told it can pass straight through the bowels and intestine without doing any damage (thou don't quote me on that!)

I've had mine in now almost two months and its still working well. Don't worry about the negatives - if they happen they happen and they can be sorted out...

Thanks Nova, that is what my fella says. if something goes wrong, it can be sorted! only problem is i am having the balloon fitted abroad, not too sure the NHS would be chuffed about having to sort me out if something goes wrong! glad to hear it is working for you! ill be gutted if i lose nothing! x

hollymarie said:
Thanks Nova, that is what my fella says. if something goes wrong, it can be sorted! only problem is i am having the balloon fitted abroad, not too sure the NHS would be chuffed about having to sort me out if something goes wrong! glad to hear it is working for you! ill be gutted if i lose nothing! x

They are not chuffed about anything lol. But they would sort you out. So leave your worries and only invest in excitement. Negative attracts negative. So think of what you hope to achieve, get excited and go for it!!! :)

Back