• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

band to bypass

Dee friel

Hi , i just wondered if anyone out there has had a band to bypass revision. I have booked for mid September . I have given up on my band after a lot of problems with over tightening leading to hospital stays etc. In the end after 4 episodes of feeling so ill due to dehyration I have given up and have no restriction. All the weight i lost has gone back on and I am too scared to try again. Having seen all my bypass mates looking great 4 years on with no or little prolbems i am now going for the revision ( joined by my sister who is also having a bypass). Has any one got any tips or advise. I would love to hear about your journey back to success !!

Good luck.

There are a few on here that are or have gone from band to bypass. Liz is one. I am sure someone will be about to help with any questions you have

Jo
xx

im a band to bypass convertion, i revised for different reasons too you as a plastic surgeon damaged my band.... how ever i feel life with a bypass is a better more normal life than living with banding, it has lots of positives that banding doesnt and i no longer vomit, the negitive side for band to bypass revisions is that we are not a standard bypass patient and we can eat such alot compared to a normal 1st time bypasser thats had no other wlsurgeries, this is simply because when a band is removed it leaved adheasions/scars and this is where a normal bypass staple line would go.... so because of this reason the staple line goes under the band scars creating a larger than normal bypass pouch, i can eat a fairly large portion with out any problem and hence this is why ive only lost 2st since my convertion last november, dont getme wrong i love my bypass and prefere it to banding but thats both sides of the coin from a honest perspective of living with both procedures.

Liz x

Back