• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Big bloke with big dreams

Tazrakie

Hi all .
My name is Martin from Medway , kent, I'm 35 , 6 feet tall and 28 stone and suffer from depression and anxiety.
I've just finished my tier 3 program in Medway and IV picked Luton and Dunstable to take my funding to and I'm hoping for a bypass .
I have my first 2 tier 4 appointment at l & d on the 9th of November and I'm bricking it.
I'm so scared I will say the wrong thing and get refused any op.
Im feel like everything is a test and that makes me super nervous.
The more and more I read up the more I worry.
Anyways that me lol.

Hello and welcome!

Try not to worry about your appointment, as you've already gone through tier 3 it should be straight forward.

We have lots of members going through your hospital so hopefully they'll be along soon with some reassurance :D

Hi all .
My name is Martin from Medway , kent, I'm 35 , 6 feet tall and 28 stone and suffer from depression and anxiety.
I've just finished my tier 3 program in Medway and IV picked Luton and Dunstable to take my funding to and I'm hoping for a bypass .
I have my first 2 tier 4 appointment at l & d on the 9th of November and I'm bricking it.
I'm so scared I will say the wrong thing and get refused any op.
Im feel like everything is a test and that makes me super nervous.
The more and more I read up the more I worry.
Anyways that me lol.
Hi Martin please try not to worry. I am also at Luton and Dunstable and felt exactly the same as you. The staff there are fantastic and really put me at ease. I am due for gastric bypass on Tuesday and my follow up is also on 9th November. Good luck to you

Thank you both for the reassuring words.
I've lived a non existence life for so long this op is the begining of a new happy life and it's so important to me

Hi Martin,
I'm from Medway as well. I couldn't get an appointment with Tipping Balance for 8-10 months! (still waiting) I don't have an op date and I understand your worry, I too keep thinking I'm going to say something to the bariatric nurses and they're going to change their minds about this for me.
I suppose all we can do is release our worries in places like this forum as people here have been through it. Sending best.

Hello, welcome and good luck :)

Hello and welcome!

Try not to think of it as a test with right or wrong answers. They are not trying to catch you out and the assessments with psychology or for sleep apnoea etc are for your benefit/health, it is better to be honest rather than trying to work out what answers they want to hear!

It does seem like there are lots of hoops to jump through, but they are necessary and will give you the time you need to prepare for the life changes required to live with wls longterm.

Hi Martin I have just finished my 1 year assessment at L and D and I'm seeing my surgeon and anaesthetist on November 9th so we may meet in person, I'm sure you don't need to worry as Maz said if you've completed your tier 3 it should be absolutely fine, good luck with your journey

Hi Martin please try not to worry. I am also at Luton and Dunstable and felt exactly the same as you. The staff there are fantastic and really put me at ease. I am due for gastric bypass on Tuesday and my follow up is also on 9th November. Good luck to you
Hello lovely
How great does it feel to be able to say "on Tuesday" And guess what my next appointment is November 9th too, I do hope we can meet again Big hugs

What is up with L&D and 9th November? I'm there at noon for my first appointment. I'm excited but I'm also worried that I'll say the wrong thing and they'll kick me out of the programme before I've even started.

Hello lovely
How great does it feel to be able to say "on Tuesday" And guess what my next appointment is November 9th too, I do hope we can meet again Big hugs
Hi lovely lady I am fine but made a mistake I am there on 2nd November so we will catch up another time but we will definitely see each other again. Can't wait to get the operation over now xx

Back