• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Big mistake

soni.03

Well i jus exp one of te worse pains ever, around lunch i was hungry and whilst mkin my pasta i decided to hve a tiny chicken piece which ma mum made, today i realised why my dietician said CHEWING is very important, i took one big bote f chiken and dodnt chew it properly and i had the worse sharp pain inma chest and back, it jus widnt go and inkept gettin theae sharp pains, i felt like i was goin to b sik but nothing was coming up, and then my mouth start runnin with sliva and afta bout 15 min all the chiken cme up, lesson learnt and will defo chew properly n tke a small piece at a time

even now a year out if i dont chew properly i go like a rabid dog.... you ll get used to it sweets just take your time they say chew 30 times... x

Yeh dont bite off more than you can chew!lol

Thanks for reminder, thats what I worry about, I'm so use to eating fast. Will have to get some sort of reminder on cutlery or perhaps tatto on wrist!!!!

It helps with the chewing if you put your cutlery down between each mouthful. I'm practicing now, in training as such for when knave the op. But is very hard to re-programme the brain.

Xx
W

Yep chew chew chew, and sip, sip,sip thats our regime for the 1st 6 months, then its chew chew chew after that but little gulps to drink. the things we have to do to look good. xx

Wobbly thats a good idea....training yourself to do it now
Im pre op and like Vonone I do eat quick so it sure is gonna be a shock for me lol
Mandi x

It is easier post op and using smaller cutlery. I count my chews.

I chew until it feels like mush.

I made the mistake with chicken 2 weeks ago Soni. It got stuck. I was eating in my partners car on the way to swimming. I had to get out by Asda and was finally released into a bin. That taught me too!

I don't need to sip though. Haven't since week 2 liquids go down easily with me. But not gulps. Wow!!! Gulps hurt like billio lol. More free flowing drinking. And hot drinks go down the easiest x

Back