• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bloody Bread

12dobidog

I had 2 small slices of wholemeal bread toasted yesterday morning with marmalade for brekkies and really enjoyed it but boy, did i suffer all night, I think my bum has a ring on it for good as I sat on the loo most of the night.
I finally got to sleep (in bed) at about 6am and slept to about 12 noon. I have had a slimfast and a mocca so far today and apart from an ache in my lower tum I feel fine again
Bread is off the menu for the time being.
Weird because I can munch on italian breadsticks

I also miss toast so much but was advised to try Melba toast they are really yummy and with salmon spread or Philly on are even better. I havnt tried bread yet but must admit I don't miss it like I thought I would

hope ur feeling better soon ;)

Normal bread does this to me too but I found the Burgen soya and linseed bread is great and lower carb than normal bread.

I'm ten weeks out and haven't had any bread yet. Still on mushies for another two weeks. To be honest, I think I'm going to be petrified to try it as toast and marmite was always my 'go to food'. xx

I've had couple mouthfulls of seeded that went down ok. Was told seeded alot better dont no why i only used to have seeded anyway.
It might have been too high in fibre for you thats why you were on the loo. Bless ya

xx

Oh Dobidog your description had me in stitches, sorry.:8855::8855::8855:

I can cope with bread but only in small quantities. I too love the toast & marmite T&T but again much less Marmite than I used to have - it tastes so much stronger now.

Some heavy breads are really hard going, like muffins - they really give me grief. I'm going to France in July and am quite looking forward to having some smashing French bread, I thought pre-op that was a pleasure I would have to forego, but I'm quite confident now. xx

Howdy - are you sure the bread was to blame and not the marmalade. Im 13 months and hardly ever dump, however jam, honey and marmalade are massive triggers for me and I do dump on them x

Hiya,

I had a sleeve 1 yr ago and it has only been recently i have eaten wholemeal brown bread,i was advise not to eat white bread but brown bread was ok,i sometimes take 1 sandwich with crusts cuts off to work when i am working my day shifts,and i havent had any problems.
I tend to agree with other members it could have been the marmalade,it could have been to sweet for your stomach.
I dont eat margarine or butter type spreads either since my op,all these could add to the reasons for your symptons.

Its all trial and error at times for all of us,
xx

I find that the better the quality the bread the easier it is to digest. Seeded and wholemeal are much better than soft white.

As has been said it is probably the marmalade that was the culprit!lol

I think you all could be right although I had marmalade on crispbreads the other day and I was fine but when I checked with my misses she used WW Marmalade and I used normal Robinsons and combined with the bread (wich was alison brown) is something I will keep well away from for a while also while going through other things i'd had was a mocca coffee in BHS. I was told by my daughter who used to work there that they use full cadbury's chocolate in there mocca. As you all said "Sugar Overload"

Howdy - are you sure the bread was to blame and not the marmalade. Im 13 months and hardly ever dump, however jam, honey and marmalade are massive triggers for me and I do dump on them x

Have you ever tried SF versions? I wonder whether these would be ok to have post-op?

Have you ever tried SF versions? I wonder whether these would be ok to have post-op?

I have and find they are OK but a little bit too sweet :)

Back