• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Body Image

Mark01/05/2009

On my way................
Goooooood Afternoon,

I just wondered if anyone who is Post Op struggled to notice their own weight loss when looking in a mirror whereas people looking at them saw a huge difference?

I know i did!!

Only recently have I started to notice my new body shape and notice that there aint rolls where there were rolls before and how my side profile has certainly changed aswell.

I noticed it with clothes not fitting etc but isnt it strange how the brain sees what isnt there still.....

There is a message within all of this for those who are newly post op - stick with things! If you cant see the results straight away dont get down heartended because they probably are there, its just your brain isnt used to the new body image you have!!!

Mark xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Very True!!!
:clap:

I'm 2wk away from my op, so i cant comment personally yet, but i know exactly where your coming from.
In the past when i've dieted, i've not noticed it as much as others have when i've lost weight.
Your looking at yourself everyday, where those who haven't seen you for a bit see it.
Plus, there is the 'self loathing' part of the brain which will always make you think that you are still the same as you were, usually resulting in me giving up with the diet!! :argh:

Like Mark said, keep going!!
You'll prob feel it in your clothes, also prob have more energy and less aches and pains!!

Good Luck everyone!!!

:king:

"More energy and less aches and pains"

This is one of the best thing about my weight loss. I feel so live and am no longer in constant pain! I love it!

Great thread Mark! Well said! I have noticed that I have lost a little weight, but others comment all the time! Even people I see in work each day still comment! I was struggling with the lack of weight loss but people still commented and it turns out I had been losing inches.
x

i think after seeing mt post op pic thread you know how i feel lol

Great thread Mark! Well said! I have noticed that I have lost a little weight, but others comment all the time! Even people I see in work each day still comment! I was struggling with the lack of weight loss but people still commented and it turns out I had been losing inches.
x

Salski, a LITTLE weight!!! Are you NUTS???? 5 stone is more than a little weight in my book, my friend.

Salski, a LITTLE weight!!! Are you NUTS???? 5 stone is more than a little weight in my book, my friend.

Haha - thanks! But thats what I was meaning that in your head it still seems like a little bit lost - even though you know it is! And when you are sqeezing past people or chairs etc and you gauge yourslef to be a hell of a lot bigger than what you are!? Its mad - but Ill get there eventually! (I hope!)

fantastic thread mark. even now with 11 stone gone i look at my clothes and think how the hell am i going to fit in them.
when i have my clothes on i can see the weight loss as i feel i look quite presentable but undressed well i still see a fat person but i am now realising that its not so much fat as opposed to loose skin with padding in funny places.
carole

i noticed my arms first and my under arms the lumps of fat have gone, my legs are still v big but going down and my fat bits below boobs and above tummy is gradually shrinking and joining my tummy.
i had a week of no weight loss at all in about week 3 and i panicked and thought oh no my bodys adjusted already to no food but that week i lost inches every where and then the week after the scales continued to drop.
I have said several times to my friends if this is all i loose and dont loose any more i will be satisfied i am nearly out of the 30+ bmi and feel so much healthier

but if i can and i should be able to keep loosing i would like to go down to what i was 8-10 but 14 is great and i am truely happy with my life again.

Hi MARK
well its prob about now with almost 4 stone gone that i'm really noticing i've dropped from a size 22 to a size 18 so far but it took me a while to notice as i flt i had so much to lose. You are so right Mark when you say all you new post oppers( is that a word lol) stay with it cause one day you will waken up and say wow what a difference. x

Wow Allie, great results! You all need to be very proud of yourselves for the efforts that got you where you are and also the support you show others just starting on their journeys.

I don't notice it myself, but went to a do today and all my mates were sayin how much slimmer I looked:D:D
It was fab:D

I can't see it but I do feel it. When people comment I still feel like they're taking the p*ss because in my eyes I'm still a size 28/30. Today I put on a pair of trousers in a size 20 and they were too big so its got to be going somewhere lolxxx

I know where your coming from. I know I`m losing weight cos obviously I`m having to buy new clothes but when I do go clothes shopping I still head straight for the stuff thats gonna cover me up from head to toe. It`s weird but I look in the mirror and don`t see much of a difference even though everyone is commenting on it. In my head I know a size 12/14 is an average size but my brains just not quite registering thats where I am at yet. Hopefully it will catch up soon lol x

Only noticing now really , I still feel very large but hopefully over the winter this year I can get down to a more average person size and not feel extra big any more. It has been many many years since I was a size 10/12...oooh bout 20!!! I hope that as the months go by and I manage to keep losing , that I will feel better about myself and my body. Hope springs eternal :)

Goooooood Afternoon,

I just wondered if anyone who is Post Op struggled to notice their own weight loss when looking in a mirror whereas people looking at them saw a huge difference?

I know i did!!

Only recently have I started to notice my new body shape and notice that there aint rolls where there were rolls before and how my side profile has certainly changed aswell.

I noticed it with clothes not fitting etc but isnt it strange how the brain sees what isnt there still.....

There is a message within all of this for those who are newly post op - stick with things! If you cant see the results straight away dont get down heartended because they probably are there, its just your brain isnt used to the new body image you have!!!

Mark xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The only way I have been able to truely see my weightloss is by taking pictures and haveing a wls album. When I see the new oictures against the ld ones I am ttally gob smaacked. The lateste one I still have trouble believing its me, Ilove the picture as well.

Back