• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Boo

BOO 1963

Hi all, im on count downt to gastric band op on 11th nov and im struggling with the milk and yogart diet ,, i keep getting bad headaches and have to eat something to make it go i have only had non fat foods, however im worrid my liver will not have shrunk enugh and i keep dreaming my surgeon is mid op and downs tools wakes me up and says "whos been a naughty girl then" with my fatty liver in his hand aaarrrrrhhh,,:eek: any ideas or reasurance? Boo.

Hi
I was banded on the 5/10/12 and I lost 9lbs pre op. I was really proud of this but the surgeon on the day of the op frowned at me like a naughty school girl but went ahead with the op. Post op he said my liver was fine. At the end of the day you can only do your best with the pre op diet. The human body is a funny thing. maybe increase your activity level to help shrink the liver/lbs?? I was told by the dietician that if you have lost weight your liver has shunk. Good Luck with your op x

Really try and stick to it . . .the headaches tend to hit around day 3/4 but they do ease and it does get easier, when you eat the food its like going back and starting all over again and you could be putting at risk the chance of surgery.

Its not easy, but this is about making an onward change, you will be liquids only post op, so this is the chance to get with it and into it . . .the pre-op isn't about losing weight but preparing your liver for surgery . . .

If you are allowed NAS jelly, make up some milk jellys, eat them with the yoghurt, but don't give in to eating the food, you're risking the chance of your surgery . . .

Last edited:
I think we all worry about this,
I did a Pre op liver diet for 4 weeks and still worried my liver hadn't shrunk.
Headaches will pass soon x

Hi
I was banded on the 5/10/12 and I lost 9lbs pre op. I was really proud of this but the surgeon on the day of the op frowned at me like a naughty school girl but went ahead with the op. Post op he said my liver was fine. At the end of the day you can only do your best with the pre op diet. The human body is a funny thing. maybe increase your activity level to help shrink the liver/lbs?? I was told by the dietician that if you have lost weight your liver has shunk. Good Luck with your op x
thanks youv been helpfull x

Really try and stick to it . . .the headaches tend to hit around day 3/4 but they do ease and it does get easier, when you eat the food its like going back and starting all over again and you could be putting at risk the chance of surgery.

Its not easy, but this is about making an onward change, you will be liquids only post op, so this is the chance to get with it and into it . . .the pre-op isn't about losing weight but preparing your liver for surgery . . .

If you are allowed NAS jelly, make up some milk jellys, eat them with the yoghurt, but don't give in to eating the food, you're risking the chance of your surgery . . .
Thankyou kat youv been very helpfull x

Hi
Hi lapbandbeck,, thanks for the advice i will try some exercize may take my mind off it and sleep better hopefully no more bad dreams Boo x

Back