• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Booked my band consultation

Sophina

Hi everyone,

I'm so glad I found this forum....it's exactly the support and encouragement I need!

I admire you all for being courageous to do it!!

So after battling with my weight for about 15 yrs, I have finally booked a consultation to have a gastric band.

I'm very apprehensive but also know it's the right step for me to finally move forward with my weight loss journey.

I have two young children and am a single parent and wondered if anyone out there can shed any light on their experiences on dealing with active children post op?!

Any top tips? Any questions I should be asking?!

The surgeon I'm seeing is Mr Rishi Sanghal in Birmingham.

Thank you so much in advance!!

Hello,

I'm sure you will find lots of helps re-band here. Good luck with your consultation and I'm sure the someone who had a band or will have will come along with the tips. Have a look also at the band section here you'll find lots there too. :)

Hi, i dont have children and am 13 days away from having my band fitted so cant help but just wanted to wish you luck x

Hi I am 17 days post op from band & I have a 17mth old I was very sore for about 3/4 days & felt very weak by day 5/6 I was slowly picking my son up very carefully I did have help for about 6 days with him now after 3 1/2 weeks I'm great can't believe I have even had surgery xx

Good luck, congratulations on taking that first big step

Hi Becky....how are you feeling now?!
Is it still going well?!

I had my consultation today with 2 different consultants and am more confused than ever ?

Was your op through the NHS?! Xx

Hi Becky....how are you feeling now?! Is it still going well?! I had my consultation today with 2 different consultants and am more confused than ever ? Was your op through the NHS?! Xx[/QUOT

Hi I self funded and am still going well got my first fill booked in for 21 sept x

Back