• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just booked my gastric band and have my date! 4/02/14!!

laurawls

I am weighing in at just over 14 stone with a bmi of 33. Has anyone else had a band with this bmi? Wondering how much they lost?
Im so excited but nervous and scared. I'm such a yoyo dieter and slowly creeping up and up again. Any advice would be appreciated.

I booked In to Yorkshire clinic, with Dr Halstead. Anyone met him?

I have kept this a secret so was bursting to tell someone.

hello laura, well you have come to the right place your secret is safe here!

welcome, there are people here who have had this surgeon, so browse through the band boards :)

I've had my band almost 16 months now and it's changed my life

Hello and welcome! Mr Halstead fitted my band in August. He was great, gave me very straight answers to my questions and was full of encouragement when he came to see me the day after the op. I don't have any ongoing contact with him, but he did a great job with me (very neat scars too!).

Hi Laura, congratulations on booking your surgery. My BMI was 32 when I was banded. I have a diary on here if you want to read about my experiences so far,although I am still at the beginning of my journey.

Mine is a secret too, apart from my husband and my mum.

Hi Laura, congratulations on booking your surgery. My BMI was 32 when I was banded. I have a diary on here if you want to read about my experiences so far,although I am still at the beginning of my journey. Mine is a secret too, apart from my husband and my mum.

How do I find you posts, so sorry but I still have no idea what I'm doing with the site xx

You can go in the diaries section, there are loads of diaries in the banders section so you should be able to get a good idea or what to expect

Hi laura, congratulations on your decision. I hope you get everything from it that you want. I havnt had that surgeon but was fitted privately with a band. My bmi was also not as low as yours but i have seen examples of people with that bmi doing really well. flick through the diaries section its really helpful in prep for surgery x x

I'm 31years old with a BMI of 31 also I'm booking my surgery for feb. I'm planning on going to professional beauty in Belgium costing EUR4250. How much is yours?

Welcome to the forum :)

Hi Laura, I was banded in March by James Halstead. He is very experienced and has carried out a lot of WLS procedures.He is easy to talk to and will answer your questions in a straight forward manner.
Only my wife knows I have had surgery and I have had no difficulty in keeping it that way. This forum offers great support and a place where you can talk about any problems or issues you may have.

Back