• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Breath of a thousand camels!!

Gail-michelle

likes to post
Hi all I have been eating quite a lot of meat this week (protein stuff) soz candie!! and although I am a fanatic with teeth I am permanantly brushing them, I thought the dog had farted the other day:eek::eek::eek: and to my horror it was moi!! poor michael (the dog) got the blame. Whats all that about Ive never had stinky breath in my entire life. My teeth are nice and healthy white ones so now I keep breathing in my hand and smelling it lol it seems to be going a little now. OMG I darnt get close to anyone anymore as Ime realy conciouse about it. Will this go ??? Gail x

Sounds like you are in ketosis - weight loss mode. High protein diets do this. Try mouth wash, or if it is that bad up your carbs, BUT this could impact any weight loss.

I worry about this happening to me when the time comes. I live alone with no sense of smell, so I will have to rely on my cat to let me know if my breath is offensive...

Def in ketosis Gail, up ur fluids as the more fluids u drink the less potent is the keto smell, and also buy one of those little mouth sprays to carry in ur bag they really help x

wow was going to ask this too as yesterday both the other half and daughter asked if i had brushed my teeth and have noticed breath not so cool, drinking water like a fish at the moment (need shares in our office loo) been on my milk diet for 6 days now so guess its this ketosis thingy....

If you want to check it is ketosis... buy some ketostix... get them from boots :)

or have a look at your weewee and see if you see any little white specks...

I remember the rank breath well... ahhh the atkins diet!

However, these days i find my breath can often be a bit stinky, simply cos i havent eaten that much :)

.x.

Great now i don't just have to worry about 'farting' n killing the woman i share an office with, the nurses are gonna put face masks on so they don't have to smell me breath (when i get me op that is) oh the bliss.... Oh well there goes my sex life for sure <<<waves goodbye to her mojo>>>

Gail, i'm right with u on this one!!!!
My daughter keeps tellin me to go brush my teeth. :mad:
It is definately the ketosis thing, body burning fat for energy.
I need to drink more liquid, summat i struggle with. :confused:
I'm really concious about it too, dont like standing too close to ppl when im talking.
The body produces ketones, it absorbes most of them, the ones it doesn't need it gets rid of as waste - in the urine & breath.... :sigh:

The breath of a thousand camels and their babies for me!!!

OMG phatmomma I was lmao:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: at your reply. But do I need to be worried about this ketosis thingy, or will it pass???:confused: Ime at the spire in blackpool today with Kath Rothwell its my 5 month check up so I will mention it to her ;). Gail x
Great now i don't just have to worry about 'farting' n killing the woman i share an office with, the nurses are gonna put face masks on so they don't have to smell me breath (when i get me op that is) oh the bliss.... Oh well there goes my sex life for sure <<<waves goodbye to her mojo>>>

well Ive just been reading up on ketosis:D and I was wandering if the mods team could transfer from the old site minimins these posts all about ketosis. the thread is called: getting back into ketosis, under food replacements, and is in the lighter life section. Just a thought peeps as its a realy interesting read. Kindest regards Gail x

I haven't noticed I stink yet lol, and Gail you didn't smell when we met last week;)
If you're worried how about carrying some mouth spray in your bag(and give up the fags;):innocent0001::innocent0001:)
Hope you're check goes well today hun, mine's only in Jan!!:eek::eek:

lol gail michelle no snogging for you then...............seriously though try fresh orange segments if you can manage them and fresh pineapple they both help with breath problems and furred tongues.
Good luck

Jay xx

Hi sal, it seems to be going now lol. the fags I dont realy smoke at home cause hubby doesnt smoke so its either freezing my butt off in the garage or dont smoke lol. Kath was realy pleased with me at my check up. so all in all ime a happy bunny. Gail x
I haven't noticed I stink yet lol, and Gail you didn't smell when we met last week;)
If you're worried how about carrying some mouth spray in your bag(and give up the fags;):innocent0001::innocent0001:)
Hope you're check goes well today hun, mine's only in Jan!!:eek::eek:

Glad you got on ok hun.I was just teasing about the fags;):D

Back