• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Burning Pain after eating mainly left sided

andiebee

Had my bypass on March 17th this year and all was fine until last week I started getting terrible wind pains back , that and belching constipation and park after I eat or drink coffee , it's like a internal stinging feeling ? Goes after about ten minutes but starts after food and drinks ? I am not vomiting not feeling sick no bloody stools nothing just the pains and bubbling in belly very noisy and windy , I take lanzoprazole 2 times a day any one been similar to this

I took that for only three months , had a mini bypass last September, not on it now it made me really ill over new year when I got a stomach bug, as had no acid in my tiny new stomach to fight the bug , had diarrhoea for 7 days
My belly makes noises when I have hot drinks , grumbling sounds ,

Mine seems to be just after eating instead of getting a full feeling I get a pain as if my insides are getting ripped it's quite unpleasant ripping burning sensation ,

Perhaps you are eating too much , ?? What portion size you having , I eat on a side plate

I eat tiny amounts off a baby plate , I can't each much at all it hurts quite a lot so I don't tend to eat much , I have a tiny bowl of ready break for breakfast most mornings

Dinner small salad with tuna egg or chicken

Tea is normally home cooked meals like chilli , spag Bol, chicken curry, hot roast dinners all small
Off baby plate

I am
Quite worried it may be a ulcer

It's still early days you get too eat more as time goes on I will take a photo of my portions tonight , but I'm nearly 10 months post op

I had an ulcer that was bleeding for 6 weeks, then it poured blood!

I had a really sore stinging pain kind of in the middle of my body as it was on the exit Jejunum tube from my stomach before the blood started. Then it got really sore and hurt a lot more on putting anything in my stomach (I couldn't really eat anything at the time).

I drank 8 bottles of gaviscon in those 6 weeks which didn't really do a lot for the pain and it just tasted absolutely vile.

I had to get an emergency endoscopy on holiday in South Africa to get it sorted when I literally threw up a bath-full of blood. I had black shiny coal looking poo as well.

I think the moral of this story is, get on the phone to your team first thing in the morning!

I had an ulcer that was bleeding for 6 weeks, then it poured blood! I had a really sore stinging pain kind of in the middle of my body as it was on the exit Jejunum tube from my stomach before the blood started. Then it got really sore and hurt a lot more on putting anything in my stomach (I couldn't really eat anything at the time). I drank 8 bottles of gaviscon in those 6 weeks which didn't really do a lot for the pain and it just tasted absolutely vile. I had to get an emergency endoscopy on holiday in South Africa to get it sorted when I literally threw up a bath-full of blood. I had black shiny coal looking poo as well. I think the moral of this story is, get on the phone to your team first thing in the morning!

Thanks they said could be ulcer too and I have a gp appointment today at 3..30 but they also sent for a X-ray meal test that liquid you drink said it should come within 2/3 weeks , hopefully my gp can help me
Today x

How did you get on at the GPs?

Hi they said probs be a small ulcer , upped my lanzoprazole to 30mg two times a day and told me to eat bland diet , and not drink caffeine , fizzy pop, spices , tomatoes chocolate peppermint products actually make things worse , I have a barium meal test in couple of weeks so fingers crossed it will heal in mean time if it is a ulcer , if not a ulcer they said gastritis both causes same symptoms , one good thing my blood tests was perfect so that's one good thing I hope x

Hi Andie

I hope you get this resolved soon. when I had really bad esophagitis I found eating thick yogurt helped settle it down, I would have that with banana and honey. I also avoided those same foods plus anything acidic like some fruits.

Hi Andie I hope you get this resolved soon. when I had really bad esophagitis I found eating thick yogurt helped settle it down, I would have that with banana and honey. I also avoided those same foods plus anything acidic like some fruits.

Thanks weegie am just sick of the bubbling and pain after I eat anything , it's just like a burning pain that happens after I eat and say within 15 minutes it's gone , and sometimes comes and go throughout the day after drinking tea or a light snack , doctors took me off my heart aspirin and upped my dose of lanzoprazole to 30mg 3 times a day till I get my barium meal test done hopefully
Not wait long for it , I between I can take gaviscon and simeicone wind selter stuff x

Thanks weegie am just sick of the bubbling and pain after I eat anything , it's just like a burning pain that happens after I eat and say within 15 minutes it's gone , and sometimes comes and go throughout the day after drinking tea or a light snack , doctors took me off my heart aspirin and upped my dose of lanzoprazole to 30mg 3 times a day till I get my barium meal test done hopefully Not wait long for it , I between I can take gaviscon and simeicone wind selter stuff x

I really feel for you, when I was at my worst I was miserable even the back of my throat was bright red it was so raw and I gag on Gaviscon so couldn't take it. The Omeprazole and dietary changes helped a lot. Oh they also found I tested positive for H Pylori which basically amplified all the symptoms. That is treatable with meds ( 2 types of high dose anti biotics and a PPI ) so worth getting it checked, as its related to ulcers. They may well have checked already if you have had a blood test.

Hope you get your barium soon. Hugx

Thanks so much my test for hp was negative but I have had it b4 my bypass which was treated with 3 lots of medication , hopefully I'll get my answers soon it's a big pain esp when I was feeling so well x

Have you had results yet, Andiebee?

I've got something similar, a fairly constant discomfort in the middle of my chest that, for want of a better word, feels as if it's sparking across my chest and abdomen. I take 1 solpadol when this starts and it help, but it does knock me out.

GP doesn't know what it is and the bariatric nurse dismisses it as just one of the many things that can happen after surgery.

Have you had results yet, Andiebee? I've got something similar, a fairly constant discomfort in the middle of my chest that, for want of a better word, feels as if it's sparking across my chest and abdomen. I take 1 solpadol when this starts and it help, but it does knock me out. GP doesn't know what it is and the bariatric nurse dismisses it as just one of the many things that can happen after surgery.

Sorry I haven't been on here much , still no further forward , been told to eat very little and often 6 mini meals a day , until I get my cam test October 6th , I had a barium meal swallow test and it showed a spasm so they need to check in detail with the camera , fingers crossed it's fixable as they seem to think I may be needed to opened back up :-( x

Back