• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

can i ask banders about...............

tinkywinky

SOOO HAPPY to be a loser!
i have just come across the card given to me by surgeon (lap band patient id card) thats been lurking in back of my purse
and it says this person can only eat small portrions (about 60grammes)

my question is what do you all have as i have more than that. at a guess i would say 100-120grammes at anytime. ( eg half piece of fish 65g and spoonful cottage cheese, lettuce and cherry toms) i use a small plate and only eat until i feel ive had enough.

this has puzzled me as surely a 6o gram portion 3 or 4 times a day would never be enough cals (on what i eat anyway)
any thoughts would be appreciated.

in my next call to wlsg i will ask colleen but i dont ever recall that coming up in any of our conversations so far.

Sorry - cant answer your question -- but on a PLUS side i'd be showing that card at a restaurant for discounted meal portions

Mmm, my card doesnt say that. Its a WLSG card given to me pre op, I didnt get one from the surgeon. Sorry not much help I know but Im sure Colleen will be able to put your mind at rest x

My card says the same thing. I was also told that 4-5 60 gram meals a day is what I should be having.

However, I manage more so only have 3 meals a day.

Sorry - cant answer your question -- but on a PLUS side i'd be showing that card at a restaurant for discounted meal portions

lol ill try that and see what they say.

spoke to wlsg and its really a guide for hosp/paramedics in emergency if band was overly tight. so now i know! thanks for your replies.

Back