• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can I change my own view of threads/posts

Samsara

Hi - everyone's profile seems to be extra long in a vertical sense (due to the numerous stats/badges/pics etc along the left hand side) which takes up a lot of blank space when they are only writing one sentence and therefore making a thread several pages long.

Can I customise my own view by hiding users side profiles and just view the text/their post please?

Or can you do something to condense profile information/run it along the bottom, landscape style to close up all the white space? It would be more user friendly! :D

I can't be the only one thinking this - maybe it's been suggested already?! Thank you :)

You have the ability to turn off viewing signatures, avatars and photos.
> Go to your USER CP
> Edit options
> Scroll down to Thread Display Options
> deselect the tick box against which ones you don't want to see
> scroll down and hit save.

Thank you very much. I have tried that just now but most posts are still really long and blank/white due to the very long pale blue stats/info part on the left hand side. How can I turn this off please? :D

For example, on your post I can see a list of links referring to champions. Followed by join date, thanks, posts, rep power etc.

Followed by consultant/op info, BMI info and then weight loss statistics. All of this takes up more than one page of my viewing screen on my lap top! Is there any way to hide this so as all I get is the name of the poster and what they have said?

If a moderator/forum support person reads this and it cannot be turned off, would you consider condensing this information horizontally at the bottom? Or add a thread viewing option for users to switch off or hide these via the tick boxes?

Many thanks, N

No you can't change someone elses profile or your view of it. Its up to each member how much they want included in their profile.

People who have a lot of info in their signature are recording 'their' journey. Their stats also provide info for new members etc.

Is it a laptop issue? I can see all three posts on this thread on one page of my laptop.

I don't know. I can only see one post on the screen at a time :/ My view is set to 100%

The information is good and useful. I just wondered if it could be displayed in a less space using format - i.e. horizontally along the bottom of a post rather than vertically to the left? :D

The left is the info from members profiles. The horizontal part of the post is their signature.

Sorry but its (more or less - providing it doesn't go against the site rules) up to each member what they want to reveal and where.

Yes you can!

On the header above the topic there are some green buttons. One of these is 'thread tools'.
Select 'printable version' and voila!

Back