• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

cant make sunderland 3rd appointment 23rd march

jo86

i dont want to go into it too much but i need to be somewhere actually more important regarding sister, i called few weeks ago when igot letter and if i cancel the nxt appointment is august. This is second chance 3rd appointment nd this time i have lost weight! I feel rotten and cheated these dates have clashed. I couldnt face cancelling it before but there deffo no way around it. Im losin sleep over it hence why im online now x

Can't your sister bring her apointment forward or back a day or so? Or even someone else go with her? Your going to have to be selfish on this one luv and try and make it xxxx

Can't your sister bring her apointment forward or back a day or so? Or even someone else go with her? Your going to have to be selfish on this one luv and try and make it xxxx

No its way more important than my appointment, my mam will be there my sis is only 10 and and has down syndrome its mainly my mam going to support, my sis doesnt understand. a few possible complications has come up meaning more surgery for her. there is no one else... we have 2 brothers and they'll pop up but you know how it is with mother and daughters :)

Think i will just have to cancel i've waited this long and it wouldnt feel right anyways :( xxx thanks

Jo - have you tried explainging the reason you need to cancel. Perhaps you may be lucky and get someone with a heart who can look and squeeze you into an appointment before august, especially after all your hard work to lose some weight.
I hope you get it sorted hun, wishing you and your young sister well x x

what about ringing the team and instead of cancelling ask them if one of the other patients booked in on that day would be willing to swap there time - so maybe youll be able to do both on the same day! explain your reasons and beg that they help you, try every possability luv! hope your sis is ok hun and that you get this sorted so you can do both! xxxx

thanks well i tried to ring earlier but no one in appointments now till monday so i will give one last attempt and break down and cry if i have to!!

Yeh i explained but they couldn't do anything :( but like i said i will try again.

thanks all xxxx

Just had another thought hun - would it be worth phoning the bariatric team or secretary rather than the general appointment number? The general appt staff are probably trained to be immune to any sob stories (I'm not saying yours but you can bet there are some people that try every trick in the book).
Whereas if you try the bariatric team or your surgeons secretary they may be a bit more sympathetic if you explain how hard you've worked to get where you are.
You never know it might just work.
x x

i agree with karen , ring Mr schroders secretary shes really nice and just explain the situation and ask if she can do anything to help. worth a go shes always been really helpful to me.

Jo I hope everything goes well with your sister - my 9 year old son has Down syndrome so I understand how important the support system is. I also hope you get your appointment sorted soon. xxxxx

i hope i dont get slated here BUT.... sometimes in life sweets we have to be selfish, even with families! my heart goes out to you and your mum with your sisters ill health... BUT you to NEED this op for your health to, otherwise you wouldnt be having the op, maybe im abit harder im not sure, but the waiting lists with sunderland, and the constant cancellations of appointments 'you only need to read through old posts on here' i really would think very long and hard about cancelling this appointment....my advice to you is to GO to this appointment, then thats out the way you then have the 6 months clear before your op so you can attend any hospital appointments give support whatvever it may be, and still have managed to sort your self out to, you ve put in all that hard work to with the weightloss! imagine regaining and then going to the third op in aug and not getting on the list as you ve had to wait, and havent managed to maintain....your sister has the most important person there her mum... and while i know your mum has alot on her plate with your sister, your her daughter to, who very much needs an op, for your health, for your life! sometimes we just have to be selfish and say no, other wise nothing would ever get done in life...

i wish you well sweets xx

Thanks people. I know i shoud be selfish but to be honest i want to be there with my sister aswell.

Some people wont understand but it would be like letting my own child go without me. We have been to plenty of hospitals, she practically lived in one from 3months to 3 years...i never thought about the secretary what a good idea. I will try this i can provide proof if they like!! My mam would make me go to appointment but i didnt tell her when it was because she always wants to come with me and i want to go alone...was just gunna surprise her when i got back and say yay im on list :)

thanks xx

Hi Jo
I agree with earlier post give Mr Schroeder sec a ring on Monday explain the problem and I am sure she will try to help.
Denise

hi denise, are u back at work yet?.. i may see you there hey, im having a sleeve, how are u finding it?... im itching to ring again, but tell me id only be pestering!!! haha its a wonder how the secretarys get anything done hey, im told its in april and ill hear in next week ish, eeeek i wanna know desperatly xx

Hi Kelly

Went back to work week gone Monday (reduced hours at first) seen a few WLS pts this last week and pointed them to this site.
At work next week then off for 2 weeks, if your surgery is planned for April then you will get a pre- assessment date (assuming you live within travelling distance) once secretary notifies our department, so might see you then.

Denise

I deffo agree with Kelly, I think you should go to your own apointment luv, Your apointment may last less than an hour luv then you can be there for your mum and your sister.... Tell your mum! She may be able to sort it for you by changing the time of your sisters apointment, Id try every option myself! I wouldn't be cancelling put it that way!
Is there something else putting you off going? I'm here if u want to talk Hun x

Hi Denise I'm not travelling distance so I'm going in the day before op to get everything done x

Hi Kelly

All the best then

Denise

hi, well i have another one arranged for may :D i can totally live with that...feel really good now i have been stressing about this for weeks.

Phoned mr smalls secretary coz mr shroeders sec not in till weds. she was very nice and understanding.

No nothing else bothering me i have lost all weight and 4lbs more...good news is apparantly balloons are arranged within weeks of appointments (which i didnt know)

In mean time i am gunna keep my 2 gym sessions up and keep doing what im doing.... thank you for support i would NEVER have thought to phone her up, so simple really but thats just me lol xx

ps keeley i just inboxed you telling all above x

thats what we all here for to share advice , im just glad they could help you , now stop stressing an keep up the good work with your weight loss i know its hard but worth it in the end.
xxxxxxxx

Back