• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Carb Addict!

Big an Bouncy

I dont binge eat,never ate a loaf covered in butter or 3 pkts of biscuits.Have never gotten out of bed for food.Dont crave chocolate or sweets.Never touch coke or Mc Donalds.But I do love bread,butter,cheese,cream,fat on steak/chops.bigger portions.I do eat cake,biscuits and the odd pastie once or twice a week.I couldnt imagine not eating bread,but realise that what I do eat plus no exersize is why I am the size I am.My doctor recommends bypass for me what do you all think? Maz x

If bypass is what the doc recommends then I would go with it. On saying that though I am a bander and cannot eat bread, meat, fish and many other foods so I guess its what you feel comfortable with at the end of the day sweetheart. xx

i'm a sleever and can still eat most of these things but only tiny tiny portions "not the steak thou, that would get stuck on the way down and make me dump" all i can advise is the dr knows best.
good luck, you've waited long enough.

Hi i love anything that is made with flour lol
Im having bypass or sleeve whichever my surgeon needs to do at the time.
Im not bothered though if i can never eat bread or pastries ever again as getting the weight off and feeling healthy is more important.
Go with what you surgeon recommends lovey and you wont go wrong. xxxx

I dont binge eat,never ate a loaf covered in butter or 3 pkts of biscuits.Have never gotten out of bed for food.Dont crave chocolate or sweets.Never touch coke or Mc Donalds.But I do love bread,butter,cheese,cream,fat on steak/chops.bigger portions.I do eat cake,biscuits and the odd pastie once or twice a week.I couldnt imagine not eating bread,but realise that what I do eat plus no exersize is why I am the size I am.My doctor recommends bypass for me what do you all think? Maz x

Maz if you have a bypass, you will not like the way carbs make you feel, its a weird sensation.
I loved all of the above plus binging, I haven't missed it at all i never thought I would feel so free,xx

I agree with Mixxy, your taste does indeed change after surgery. I find even the thought of some of the foods I abolutely adored pre-surgery now make me a bit quesy! Very wierd.....so for the me I think the main decider would be what the doctor thinks will be best for you. Good luck with ther decision :D XX

hi maz unfortunately I cant answer your question but i'm addicted to carbs and going for the bypass

Last edited:
Originally I thought a band would suit me, my surgeon Mr Mannur recomended a bypass at my first consultation. In truth, I thought it was a little extreme but after resaerching it, he was right and now post op, |I know for sure he was correct.

Whilst I may be the "expert" on me, he's the expert on gastric surgery, he was open to discussion and lots of questions, so I guess I was comfortable to put my trust in his recommendations.

Go with the advice of your provider, the fact u stated u like cakes and biccies as well as large portions would suggest that they made the right decision regarding bypass for you - , and as for the bread part I used to eat bread all the time pre op and not touch none since (I'm a Bander) and tbh I dont miss it at all - All the best xx

I think the best thing you can do is take the advice of the doctor treating you. This forum is invaluable to ask advice/opinions etc from others, but you must remember that we are all so different in how we individually cope & react to different foods after WLS, that what may be the case for one, two or a dozen people, may well not apply to you. I know typically a bypass is recommended for those especially with type II diabetes or those with a 'sweet tooth', but people often forget that the majority of highly refined carbohydrates will also act as a big sugar hit when eaten, so possibly that could be the reason for your Dr recommending a bypass.

Back