• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

celebrations!!

mayamoo

Throwing my sister a surprise thirtieth birthday party (or ratger twentynine plus one party) and rather than her mother in law catering quiche, rolls n oodles of white bread I've jumped in there n offered to cater firstly my sis won't eat things like that and secindly I cant/wont!
So here's what I'm thinking - any bariatric recipes welcolme :)

Catering for up to fifty??

I have two large carvery legs of lamb in my freezer (whoopsie section great for feeding my mates )
A side of salmon
A mini hog roast
Edamame,pea and mint salad
A ham (roasted with honey mustard glaze)
King prawns
Bulgar wheat salad
Greek salad
Mini chicken Cesar salads
Tzatziki (gotta love the fage)
Selection pittas and breads and probably cheeses
New potatoes with herbs
Green salad
Homemade coleslaws (one with apple and nuts)
Olives, sundried toms, mini mozarellas
Dips

Homemade pavlova and fruits with sweetened fage instead of cream
Homemade profiteroles light cream choc drizzle
Homemade fruit flan
A big old trifle
Cupcakes

No doubt mother in law will bring out the carbs but it will keep my sisters brother in laws full :)

pandora

finding my way again !
All sounds yummy , good choice there for all x

Vonone

Sounds delicious. Can I book you xxxx

Can I ask if your doing pavlova, are you using slenda sugar substitute for marangue? It's Just that I really like this pudding and when I go to parties I normally make this, but use castor sugar (no more).

mayamoo

I'm going to try a trial run of splenda meringues and a splenda cupcake mix too - if I can skinny down the frosting I will do that too lol xx

JO28172

Ooo yum let me know if you crack it with Splenda! Buffet sounds yum! x

Vonone

I was watching cooking programme the other day and they were making marangue. Chef said that you couldn't use icing sugar as it desolved, whereas castor sugar crystals worked with the whites. Don't really know what I'm talking about, but I so hope it works xx

mayamoo

It's worth a try but if it doesn't work I'll use a normal mixture instead n just skinny up the cupcakes xx

chrisa

HI Mayamoo just wan to say my meal last night was delicious and I was very good. Choice of 3 starters I ahd garlic mushrooms-button and in bread crumbs with salad n garlic dip, was 9 of them I had 4 n no salad else wudnt have been able to have main course, gave them away. Main I had chicken with mushroom sauce n veg only ate 3/4 chicken and mushrooms, never touched potatoes or veg, dessert profiteroles, had 1 bit of squirty cream gave the rest away, 1 glass of wine n a coffee £10 brilliant was lovely and I didn't over eat was full but not stuffed took my time n got rid of what would have been too much so i wasn't tempted. Special jubilee treatnight. xx

shelleymarie

Sounds wonderful. People will enjoy that much more than sausage rolls and quiche! :)

Big an Bouncy

See there is life after wls!

penelope1008

Menu sounds fantastic lots for everyone to eat without being to tough on you. I've made a few sweet dishes using Splenda & all have worked well & tasted no different from the traditional recipe. Christmas cake I used lurpac lightest for the fat, Splenda instead of sugar, agave syrup instead of treacle or golden syrup. For the marzipan I had to use icing sugar but instead of caster sugar I used Splenda. The royal icing was just icing sugar but this year I plan to use just Splenda as its so fine I think I can get away with it although I may whizz it in the food processor to make it even finer. But the whole thing tasted less sweet than usual. For the Xmas pudding I swapped out like for like again & used vegetable suet instead of traditional beef suet. Splenda is a wonderful alternative as is agave syrup I drizzle a little of that in fage with fresh berries to take the edge off the fage but that's a treat not a norm. I often use fage in place of cream to I have the illusion of eating the same as the rest of the family but the reassurance I am not pushing my luck fat & sugars wise.
Good luck with the party I'm sure it will be a great success.