• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Charity Bike Ride. Completed and £453 raised (Pics added)

Mixy I did a donation on your website, not sure if my name off here was on it, its Jacqui though so you know who it is lol .... goood luck with it x

Thanks very much Jacqui xx

Well it's been and gone. It was a wonderful day. £453 raised for charity.

One feel good thing, a little smug and I do feel guilty about it, but, there were 4 of us riding it in the end. 3 friends came to keep me going. One of them, 21 year old, couldn't keep up and we persuaded him to let one of the support people pick him up. It was supposed to be a challenge but also enjoyale and he wasn't enjoying it. So 'beating' (I use the word loosely as it wasn't a race and he did make he effort to help) a 21 year old lad, whilst sorry he couldn't complete it with us, did give me food for thought.

Thank you to everyone who donated from here. Your donations were amazing. Danny, the boy whose had the brain tumour and whose family I know, sent me a lovely thank you card.

I did get a bit emotional when riding into York as the reality of what I am achieving began to sink in.

15052010233.jpg

15052010234.jpg

15052010235.jpg

MIXMANSPICS003.jpg

Well done Mixxie, great achievement.

Well done! What an achievement. You are an inspiration Mixman.

Well done Mixxy, great picts and a greater achievement!

Fantastic! You did an amazing job there hun! xx

How fantastic! You are beaming in your photos and you have every right to be so proud of yourself.

Well done mate, very honourable thing to do. :cool:

Mixie It is amazing to see how far you have come on your journey. As you yourself said you would never have believed it a year ago. That in itself says it all as to the fantastic motivation, weight loss and fitness you have achieved you are some guy, can't keep up with you now hee hee. Please post the link at your signature so i can donate shortly. Well done again xx

Fantastic, well done, I think I said it before you are a great inspiration to everyone. The pictures are great you look really chuffed with yourself.

Whats the next challenge then lol?

Sonia xx

Congrats on completing the ride and raising the cash Mickie... Am slightly concerned about your next challenge though... Will you be of any use to your girlfriend after a ride of that length ;)

Seriously i bet you never thought this time last year you'd be contemplating riding 60 miles? Absolutely fantastic xx

Back