• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Chew, chew chew

Vonone

Was having a little chicken breast for lunch and was chewing, mincing, mastercating wonderfully until the phone rang, as I picked the phone up I swallowed an incompletely chewed piece. OMG, I have spent the afternoon in agony, chest pain, stomach cramps, unable to swallow saliva, retching, vomiting. I've just had a high protein milkshake, think I will stay on these for few days as tummy tender.

Don't want anyone else to go through this, if your just starting out an experimenting with a few soft foods and something happens, take my advice - SPIT don't SWALLOW!!

Ah bless I'm 4 months on and still struggle with chewing food enough!'. Got to admit it is the worst feeling ever and still paranoid about eating out because of this x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

hope your feeling better soon

I had this trouble at lunchtime. I had a mushy combo with some soft chunks of veg and fish inside and, damn! It's so hard to train myself to eat more slowly and chew everything to tiny, weeny pieces! I was such a greedy gannet before lol

I take a bite of meat but chew chew chew and never swallow the whole piece at once but little bits at a time, the pain is horrific - I did it with some grilled haddock omg never again xx

I think its something that can always happen but I'm not sure it dies hiwever help us get into the good habit of taking longer, enjoying our meal and feeling fuller sooner x

I did it with chicken on the go....ouch!

I eat like Lucie. Chew and swallow a bit at a time.

My dietician said today its good I don't do the counting due to my obsessive tendencies lol

Spit don't swallow did make my naughty mind giggle though Von! Lol xxx

Fuffs, we have to laugh, but it so wasn't funny at the time. Get your mind out of the gutter....ah well, suppose the'res room for both of us xx

Vonone said:
Fuffs, we have to laugh, but it so wasn't funny at the time. Get your mind out of the gutter....ah well, suppose the'res room for both of us xx

Lol!!!! My mind has permanent residence in said gutter lol xxx

LOL u two - what are you like.
I'm still having trouble with food getting 'stuck' - I think I also try to rush it.

jillyiant said:
What actually happens when you get food stuck? it must be quite frightening.

Mine was pain, nausea and the dreaded saliva dribble lol

Been really carefully today. Milkshakes, lattes and soups. Never want to experience that again - somehow, I think I will slip up somewhere. I think the stricture or sphincter into my pouch is smaller - well a damn site smaller than previously. I don't want to stretch my new baby, that would be a disaster x

Back