• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

chicken pox

cherry

:cry::( my youngest babe has chicken pox... there not all out yet, he s two big blistered ones on his cheek and hairline and a few in the nappy department :sigh: he s had calpol as he s running a temp but he s crying rolling around on the floor as he s itching, he s pulling at his clothes etc :( my sis is gonna run intot owm for me and get this gel for chicken pox as i cant stand calomine its gets everywhere..... hopefully this will ease him as he s very distressed at the min :cry: any tips? xx

Oh Kelly :( Have you got any sudocreme? That's good as well and not runny.
Poor little guy I hope he's not going to be suffering too long.

my little one had it earlier this year - i was pullign my hair out, the only things that helped was eurax cream as it has a 12 hour non itch forumla available in cream or lotion and now this next one will sound strange warm baths in head and shoulders medicated shampoo , it soothed them and meant he never got an infected.

sending you big hugs as i now how stressfull it can be

I do remember mine thought it was fun when I used a paintbrush to put the calomine on
But mainly lots of sympathy 'cos I remember it not being very nice at allx

try sponging him down with a tepid sponge kelly, it will help cool him down and also relieve the itching for a little while. poor little mite, i hope he feels better soon. big hugs xx

Ah poor little soul.
I can remember my boys having it but it was terrifying as my eldest has kidney disease and it could have been fatal! He had to have mega-strength drugs in hospital.
I think all that's been suggested Kelly, calpol, fluids, tepid sponging and lots of tlc. I hope he recovers quickly hon. xxx

thanks everyone ive some gel coming called varismooth for pox.... xx

Awww that's a shame, but children are best having this when young, less risk of scarring the skin.

Dawn came up with a good suggestion of calamine in cream form nowadays Kell, I hadn't heard of that until today, but it's a good old fashioned treatment, not heard of chicken pox cream either..

Blow a kiss to him from me and hope he soon feels better.

Have a chill day and look after you too... you have got it all on your own. xxx

thanks everyone :) x

awww poor little bubba, my little boy had them and itched like mad, i got some piriton from the chemist and that stopped them itching, hope he feels better soon
xxxx

aw kelly, some nice spots for daddy to come home to, although they should be on there way out by then, but other babby will probably get them too, all the best hun, great big hugs to u all xxx

:( he s just gone to sleep now his head his covered, in his ears! he s 4 under one eye! which i need to keep a eye on.... his bits n peices are covered..... inbetween his toes, and there not finished yet, he s very slim my zakky and he just looks tooooo little for chicken pox yet :(

Aww bless him, I remember my daughter having them and they were absolutely everywhere! Nasty things they are, hope he gets better soon X

Aww Kell, hope he will soon be better, got visitors here but still thinking of you all xxx

thanks bev x

Back