• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Christmas goals 2016

starryeyed

What are your plans to stay on track over Christmas?

Do you have any goals you'd like to reach?

A dress you hadn't dreamed of wearing or just to know you're in control of your future this Christmas with no daunting weigh ins on January 1st!

My goals are:
to reach 265lb
Have food I want in moderation
Be aware of old habits creeping in
Being confident around new people (meetings the boyfriends family)
Finding a decent Christmas jumper!

They're fab Christmas goals @starryeyed. Meeting the other halfs family for the first time can be daunting but I'm sure they'll love you! Find something you feel confident in to wear.
Christmas is always a time of over indulgence so moderation is key really.

I have to say I'm quite nervous about Christmas dinner - we have 14 people in total and feel that all eyes will be on me! I'll only be a couple of days into 'normal' food at that point so who knows how it will go.

Anyway-Christmas goals.
To feel happy, healthy and enjoying life with my family.
I don't have a weight or size goal as it's too early and I'm a slow loser so in reality may have lost another 8lb and that won't change my size.
I think the most important one is that I stay in the same headspace over Christmas and not bow down to pressure.

My first Xmas was horrible I was 4 months out and ate a roast spud and a mouth of chicken them got the foamies and threw up!! Last Xmas I managed two roast spuds and a mouthful of parsnip which stayed down! Big improvement..so my goal this year is not to vomit again!!!

I'm just looking forward to not sending a fortune on shite.
Every year I buy ten ton of food that everyone tells me not to .... but then we proceed to eat our own body weight in chocs crisps and anything else I can find . .. this year I haven't even brought a tin of sweets last year I brought ... 7 !!!! and we ate them all ... xxx plenty of meat and fruit this year xx

My goals are:

Navigate two pre Christmas Day lunches

one small Baileys on Christmas Eve and hopefully a Skype with my daughter and grandchildren present opening as they are 13 hours ahead of me

See it as just another day, particularly as I have no family around to share it with and can't face the Community lunch with all the food there and possibly people commenting on my small portion.

Intending to visit M&S and find a nice treat in the meat department, and maybe something small and sweet.

A good book

Get my head in the right space for the above

Going away the next day for a holiday with lots of friends in Wales over the new year so goal there is to eat what is on offer (unless it is pasta) but only in small amounts and no deserts.
Get plenty of exercise
Come home having at least maintained and not gained, if I haven't lost

Have fun

My goals are to get to, or preferably under 100kgs.

To enjoy a bit of turkey and some veg and to steer clear of the bubbles I normally enjoy so much. Boo to that one, love some xmas cava (or prosecco or champagne for that matter).

Are you thinking full on festive for the jumper @starryeyed?
Some good goals there Mazza :D the more full on festive the better! I'm going down to Devon next week and getting my hair cut down there so maybe I'll find one in one of the high street shops. I hate shopping in London. Will having a small glass of bubbles prompt for more? X

Every Christmas my taste buds and mouth go into overdrive at the thought of my favourite gift from my hubby ..
He always buys me a box of chocolates from Hotel Chocolat.. if you've never had a box from here then know that they are heaven .. the fillings are amazing .. an average box is £20 but worth it .. NOT A BOX FOR SHARING OR FOR KIDS !
These are serious chocolates lol .. last year I had 2 boxes and I waited until I was alone ... They really are something to be relished ..
This year .... I'm not interested ... Hubby asked me if I still wanted a box and I shrugged my shoulders lol ! Me ! Turning down chocolates .. * shakes my head * ..
I've not thought about Xmas food at all to be honest .. youngest has raised a few turkeys and I'm interested to see how they turn out and how they will cook up Xmas day .. other than that , I feel a little nonchalant about Xmas this year ..
Spent all day yesterday at youngest house , batch cooking for her , as she was out beating and shooting for the day..
Oh how I enjoyed a solid day to myself cooking .. chicken and bacon stew , cranberry and orange biscuits , orange pastry mince pies , a huge pot of coconut rice pudding ( you should try this yum ! ) portions of pastry and cookie dough and a few other little bits for her to freeze down .. before surgery I would have spent the whole day grazing on what I was cooking , but I stuck to weetabix and yogurt and just tasted the cooking to see is the seasoning was right .. This type of behaviour is still very alien to me lol !
I wouldn't mind another stone off before Xmas but will settle for anything my body decides to give me ..
Plus I won't mind being in any pictures this year !

@Tracy I'd love to have a photo taken professionally with my boy for photo album! This could be next years goal:)
@starryeyed great thread! This year it is just feeling good and no effects of surgery or drugs that seem to be going on and on and on forever! Feel a bit of a wuss as fist sleeved this month and worst coping with it :(

@Want2b3 dont feel like that! I felt the same lol. I had mine two days before @Tracey she had a good journey and I had a bad one lol. It happens. Own it ;) I promise you it makes you stronger in the long run. X
@starryeyed thanks for all your support through this tough month. I feel stronger due to being able to breathe today:)

Every Christmas my taste buds and mouth go into overdrive at the thought of my favourite gift from my hubby ..
He always buys me a box of chocolates from Hotel Chocolat.. if you've never had a box from here then know that they are heaven .. the fillings are amazing .. an average box is £20 but worth it .. NOT A BOX FOR SHARING OR FOR KIDS !
These are serious chocolates lol .. last year I had 2 boxes and I waited until I was alone ... They really are something to be relished ..
This year .... I'm not interested ... Hubby asked me if I still wanted a box and I shrugged my shoulders lol ! Me ! Turning down chocolates .. * shakes my head * ..
I've not thought about Xmas food at all to be honest .. youngest has raised a few turkeys and I'm interested to see how they turn out and how they will cook up Xmas day .. other than that , I feel a little nonchalant about Xmas this year ..
Spent all day yesterday at youngest house , batch cooking for her , as she was out beating and shooting for the day..
Oh how I enjoyed a solid day to myself cooking .. chicken and bacon stew , cranberry and orange biscuits , orange pastry mince pies , a huge pot of coconut rice pudding ( you should try this yum ! ) portions of pastry and cookie dough and a few other little bits for her to freeze down .. before surgery I would have spent the whole day grazing on what I was cooking , but I stuck to weetabix and yogurt and just tasted the cooking to see is the seasoning was right .. This type of behaviour is still very alien to me lol !
I wouldn't mind another stone off before Xmas but will settle for anything my body decides to give me ..
Plus I won't mind being in any pictures this year !
Not heard of those chocolates Mindy but well done on not being interested in them or all that food you have been cooking :) Coconut rice pud sounds yummy :eat: My thoughts as it is Christmas keep turning to the Lindt ones that come in a red box....

Haven't decided yet if I want turkey on Christmas Day or not as there is only me so it would come in a packet. I am sure home reared turkey would be a lot tastier :turkey:

I'm just looking forward to not sending a fortune on shite.
Every year I buy ten ton of food that everyone tells me not to .... but then we proceed to eat our own body weight in chocs crisps and anything else I can find . .. this year I haven't even brought a tin of sweets last year I brought ... 7 !!!! and we ate them all ... xxx plenty of meat and fruit this year xx

Me too Tracey. I'm so looking forward to just eating what I normally have and not feeling should be eating none stop or I'm not having fun!
Already got my Christmas jumper and it fitted which was an early present :)
I've got a couple of work do's to navigate but also have a lovely dress to wear so that is another goal. (Always about the clothes I know!)

ok, have started planning and ordering my Christmas food. So far... caviar, smoked salmon, turkey in some form or another, low sugar butterscotch angel delight, a mini Baileys with a couple of truffles. Need to think what carbs/veg to have, and taking a trip round M&S FOOD tomorrow to gander at their delights whilst present shopping, as I have lots of gift tokens :)

ok, have started planning and ordering my Christmas food. So far... caviar, smoked salmon, turkey in some form or another, low sugar butterscotch angel delight, a mini Baileys with a couple of truffles. Need to think what carbs/veg to have, and taking a trip round M&S FOOD tomorrow to gander at their delights whilst present shopping, as I have lots of gift tokens :)
Sounds yum sam! Well done on prepping. I really fancy a parsnip this Christmas. So shall see what's available x

I brought a tin of quality Street yesterday ...last year we brought 7 !!!! I'm allowing myself 1 sweet a day over Xmas ...
So weird to not see sweets and treats around the house normally 2wks before Xmas you cant move for food in this house !!! Xxx

Christ your good Tracey ! I would be through that tin of sweets by now roflll .. seriously would not have been able to leave them alone ..

Back