• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

coccyx area pain

zns

Argh its driving me crazy! Im getting a lot of pain in the coccyx/bum area from sitting down. Sitting was the only time I wasnt getting pain
frown.gif
I didnt think a loss of 3 stone would have this affect already, I must be loosing more fat from my arse than anywhere else. My normal pain killers arent helping it and sitting on a pillow isnt either, any suggestions for easing it?

Maybe a ring to sit on? I know some people use them for piles or sore bums so maybe that would help? Sorry if thats not much help :D XX

i have a cocyx cushion, its like a horseshoe shape, and it takes some of the pressure off the area, it dosnt really help me much now, cos ive got other things going on with my cocyx, but the fact that it takes off a bit of pressure, is better than nothing. or like hs been suggested a ring of some sort, or you can sit slightly over onto your bum cheek, or sit forward, its just trial and error, and some things help me at various times but not others. hope you manage to get comfy soon hun, not a nice area to have pain in is it?. hugs xx

Awww Zoe that sounds so unpleasant... I am a spine sufferer and rely on a lot of heat pads and hot water bottles besides all else... plus I can't sit on low seats... I would hope your OT would be able to help you precious.... thinking of you and sending love as always xxx

I hope so Zoe... it's important that you can have pain relief and equipment to help you too... please keep us posted... love and hugs as always xxx

I have had terrible trouble with this and at times could not drive for longer than ten mins at a time but then it eases again , dont know if the fat redistrubutes but im fine unless im sat in the bath or doing exersizes like sit ups then its still painfull. I dont know if you have a b&m store where you live but they are selling the cusions for this problem for 6.99 the ones on the net are around 20.00 , hope it eases for you soon i know just how painfull it is x

I have only lost 13 lbs and My tail bone always hurts too! I usually take a walk and do some nice stretches on my exercise ball. Although a horse shoes pillow is best if you are going to be sitting down =)

I broke my coccyx many years ago and still suffer with it. Hot water bottles really help. My DH laughs at me as I sometimes walk around with a smaller hot water bottle stuffed in the back of my knickers - but it helps.

Hope you are feeling better soon - you are doing so well! x

yes,heat definately helps with the pain,i stick the cura heat ones, or the cheaper version that u can get from pound shops to my knickers, specially at night in bed. im having spinal surgery sometime soon, i might ask if they can remove mine while there in there,.... well they can only say no cant they, lol. good luck huni, hugs xxx

why not heat your wheat bag up and place it at the base of your spine, the heat will help, and then get a pillow curl it round into a c shape and use that as support for your legs, and it will give you a space for your coccyx to go into. its a c ase of try anything, and something will work, im at my daughters at the moment, and left home without my cushion, so ive been using a pillow and moulding it into a shape that will do the job i need.

Back