• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm done and dusted

Tbh I'm amazed I remembered so much as I generally suffer from menopause brain and have very little recall, maybe anaesthetic has a beneficial effect on me.

Well done Chris what an excellent read :) I liked the bit about the knickers lol I went in with mine on too and dreaded to think if they'd taken them off or not lol... Though I was so high on my friend the morphine, they could've carved little pictures all over me and I wouldn't have cared! Lol
Glad you're doing really well get plenty of rest x

Fascinating reading Chris - I was also done at L&D, also had a bypass, but by Mr Jambulingam, and my experience was so different to yours!! I guess each surgical team do things differently! Congratulations on joining the losers bench - and good luck with your recovery!

Had a really good nights sleep last night, only woke once for a quick visit to the bathroom and a top up of the painkillers, not really in bad pain, but just a bit of discomfort where incisions were made, feel them pulling when I turn over in bed, the painkiller deadens this and I find I can move without continually waking myself. Nearly slept the clock round, but there was no need to rush so I'm just taking it easy. Counted the tablets I'm taking at the moment, there were ten this morning, there's two more at tea time, and seven before bed, and another three during the night, this all proves to be a very drawn out affair due to taking them one at a time with a break between each. This does though include all painkillers and senna (not worked yet), I take pain killers on waking, I can get through the day on just the one dose, then again when I go to bed and finally, if I wake up during the night a top up. Forgot to say that the hospital sent me home with soluble paracetamol, codeine and senna tablets as well as the iron etc. Have decided against the soluble and gone for normal tablets as the solution tastes yucky and I can't swallow it quickly.

Amazed how disinterested in food I am at the moment, in fact it's becoming a chore rather than a pleasure.

Went for promised walk around the block today with husband, we judged it to be about half a mile and it took me 20 minutes at snails pace, but I enjoyed it and was amazed how much more I saw at this speed, it seems a good time as there are so many spring flowers coming through, and I had time to appreciate them. Husband was very amused at my progress, but I don't mind at all, infact have to laugh at myself.

Back