• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cold :( any advice?

fatnomoreclo

Hi all, have developed a stinking cold :( feeling sorry for myself just wanted to know if I could take anything? Don't want to upset polly the pouch or my other meds I currently take 1 forceval, 1 zinc, 1 ant acid, 1 iron pill & 1 calcium tablet a day. Oh and I'm almost 9 weeks post op. Thank you clo x x

Just stick to paracetemol and hot drinks.Get some nas apple and blackcurrant its lush hot and very comforting!

Oohh I know how you feel, Iv had a cold and sinus bug for over a week now and a tickilie cough. My poor stomach hurts with coughing and sneezing also a massive cold sore on and in my nose :( Iv had no sleep all week. Just been taking paracetomol which hasn't touched me. Would be great to see if we could take other things (6 weeks post op), hope you feel better soon x

Poor you, I called my gp Friday they didn't have a clue that gives me confidence not! I'll just stick to paracetamol & hot apple & blackcurrant & hope it goes away soon!
Hope you feel better soon xx

Thank you big & bouncy xx

paracetomol is all we can have without something from the doctor... plenty of warm drinks and wrap up... sweat it out... hope your better soon xxx

Ooops! I had a cold about 3 weeks ago (I'm now 13 weeks post-R-n-Y), and took paracetemol and ibuprofen. Should I not have taken the ibuprofen then?

The cold really messed with my stomach, and I'm only now beginning to get back to some sort of normality.

Hope yours improves soon.

Lx

Lizzo said:
Ooops! I had a cold about 3 weeks ago (I'm now 13 weeks post-R-n-Y), and took paracetemol and ibuprofen. Should I not have taken the ibuprofen then?

The cold really messed with my stomach, and I'm only now beginning to get back to some sort of normality.

Hope yours improves soon.

Lx

Hi ibuprofen can cause stomach ulcers so we are told not to take them post op x

Oonions top tips for a cold...

One antihistamine a day.
Steam inhalations with tiny bit of vick/olbas oil 4 times a day.
Paracetamol 1g 4 times a day.
Honey and lemon hot drink 4 times a day.
Lots of rest and fluids.
Nothing makes it go away, but this will make you feel the best you can while you have the blighter!
xxx

Defo stay away from ibroprofen hun..that defo would of made your pouch poorly xx

Oops! Thanks for the heads-up on ibuprofen. I guess I must have been told that, but there was so much information thrown at me, I must have forgotten!

Thank goodness for you guys!

i'm full of rotten cold too :( had paractemol and hot nas orange and barley still feel like poo though x hope everyone feels better soon :)

If you've been given something like omeprazole to protect you pouch lining post-op you should be fine with paracetamol & ibruprofen as this was given to me as I take both for relief from osteoarthritis & fibromyalgia pain.

I'd keep shy of any apsirin though, just because I think it's an evil pain killer that should never be used solely as a pain killer ;).

The pharmacist at the hospital came to see me morning after surgery and said that I am not allowed anything that contains ibuprofen nor diclofenac as they are too aggressive on my pouch just wonder if anyone else was told no diclofenac?? Xx

I hope your cold goes very soon, I've just had it too it was awful but Im pre op but can't take cold medication because it will increase the pressure on my brain but I managed to beat the cold in 4 days with vitamin c tablets and as much vit c as I could get from other things, xxx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

Back