• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Consent form

Chez one

Hi all
Been to the hospital today to sign my consent form, my surgeon said because it’s revision surgery from band to bypass/ sleeve, and I’m having revision because acid reflux etc she suggested I have bypass. The thing is I’m worried as she pointed out they are only doing the surgery because problems with the band and not my weight, I’m a size 16/18 but am worried if I have bypass wil I lose to much weight dont want to be going down to a size 6 or something like that so I still can’t decide what to have please help xx

Bling Babe

Hi all
Been to the hospital today to sign my consent form, my surgeon said because it’s revision surgery from band to bypass/ sleeve, and I’m having revision because acid reflux etc she suggested I have bypass. The thing is I’m worried as she pointed out they are only doing the surgery because problems with the band and not my weight, I’m a size 16/18 but am worried if I have bypass wil I lose to much weight dont want to be going down to a size 6 or something like that so I still can’t decide what to have please help xx
I’m afraid only you can make that decision my love but I would add that once you’ve reach your target weight you can adjust your intake to maintain, if your really uncertain though you shouldn’t go ahead with it xx

Emma1504

I have always read & been told if you have acid reflux the bypass is better suited to you. But like bling said it’s up to you in the end no one can decide for you.

Irene44

Hi Hun. If you have reflux they will definitely want to do a bypass. As Blingbabe says when you hit goal you will be able to up cals and maintain babe. Don’t worry talk it through with your WLS team if your anxious about it. I was bypassed July 31. Best thing ever xx

Maria61

Hi Hun. If you have reflux they will definitely want to do a bypass. As Blingbabe says when you hit goal you will be able to up cals and maintain babe. Don’t worry talk it through with your WLS team if your anxious about it. I was bypassed July 31. Best thing ever xx
I agree defo best decision ever x

Chez one

I’m afraid only you can make that decision my love but I would add that once you’ve reach your target weight you can adjust your intake to maintain, if your really uncertain though you shouldn’t go ahead with it xx
The good thing is I have three months to decide on what procedure to have it’s not that I’m unsure as I have lived with the band for five years but can’t decide on which one xx