• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Constant dumping after t tuck and anti biotics

starry

Hi everyone
I'm in a right mess !
3 years post surgery big success no weight gain all good
Just had a tummy tuck , got infection put on augmentin
Omg so sick , diahorrea , constant dumping , no food capacity and do weak
It's now 15 days since I came off and still in state
Gp useless , shaw Somers will only see me privately can't afford it
Any ideas ! I'm dumping after everything
Yoghurt protein shakes everything
It's awful
Thank you in advance xxx

Did you have the tummy tuck done privately? If not then surely you can go to the nearest A & E and ask to see someone urgently? You can't go on like this alone and suffering, without medical help. Your infection might still be raging; sometimes when you come off antibiotics mid-way the bugs come back stronger than ever.

If it was done privately, is there no-one you can contact on the surgical or aftercare team? It sounds to me as though you need help, and fast. If you feel really, really poorly, go to A & E - in a cab, if need be - and ask to speak to a doctor. If this is refused for any reason, throw a dramatic faint! Wobble, sway and then hit the deck. Needs must! If you present as an 'emergency' they will treat you.

At the very least they will surely check you out, take blood and urine samples, etc., and tell you what, if anything, is wrong.

All the best and please keep us posted x

I am not a medical expert, but could it be your symptoms are related to the antibiotic use. Have you been on any other antibiotics since your WLS and did they cause problems? I imagine bypassers could suffer more from gut problems that can be a side effect on antibiotic use.

Also, don't mean to be alarmist, but have you been checked for C.Diff? According to this site, C.Diff should be considered and tested for in the situation you describe.

Clostridium Difficile | Health | Patient.co.uk

I know you are having trouble keeping anything down, but try probiotics to restore the "good" bacteria.

Best of luck and get well soon.

Hi

I know you said Shaw Summers won't see you unless you pay but have you tried ringing St Richards and speaking to one of the nurses in the Loxwood centre, they are very helpful and may be able to offer you some advice to take back to your GP to start a treatment plan for you.

You need to get this sorted.

Paul

Augmentin is well known for causing upset to the system. I could be that you are a bit more succeptable post surgery. I agree you shouldnt leave it much longer. Probiotics worth a try for a day but I would definately go and camp our in A&E until someone sees you. You also need to be checked for different infection. Antibiotic medicines can cause diarrhea, which may be a sign of a new infection. If you have diarrhea that is watery or has blood in it, stop taking Augmentin and call your doctor. Do not use any medicine to stop the diarrhea unless your doctor has told you to. Get well soon.

I think the augmentin was stopped, or the course ended, 15 or 16 days ago.

Something is obviously not right and it needs to be sorted asap. Definitely head for A & E if there is no other quick source of help x

This is from one of he drug pages

What should I avoid while taking Augmentin?

Antibiotic medicines can cause diarrhea, which may be a sign of a new infection. If you have diarrhea that is watery or has blood in it, stop taking Augmentin and call your doctor. Do not use any medicine to stop the diarrhea unless your doctor has told you to.

So it sounds like you need to stop the Augmenting and get something different and probably something more appropriate to the infection you have.

Paul

I'm in a right mess !
Omg so sick , diahorrea , constant dumping , no food capacity and do weak
Any ideas ! I'm dumping after everything
Yoghurt protein shakes everything
It's awful
Thank you in advance xxx

Hi Starry,

A few weeks ago I was having exactly the same problem, dumping on almost anything and I reported it here:

http://www.wlsurgery.com/chit-chat/149470-not-posted-while-update-2.html#post2586530

and then very soon afterwards found out what I believe was the reason in my case:

http://www.wlsurgery.com/chit-chat/149470-not-posted-while-update-2.html#post2588088

Check ALL your medicines, not just the anti-biotics which you have now stopped, check particular whether your meds may contain sucrose or lactose.

Best wishes,
Sharon

Back