• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Consultation today - band Sept 2016

jay1010

Hi everyone,

Firstly thanks for all sharing your journey's. I have read so much on here to help me prepare for life after my WLS. I am 47 years old.

I had consultation with Mr Super today through Healthier weights in B-ham and will have my surgery in September 2016.

I am opting for a band, self funding.

I weight 104lb (16st 4lb) and I am 5'2" BMI is 42. Gained 3 stone after a radical hysterectomy aged 43. Just acnt shift it.

I have metobolic syndrome (pre diabetic, pre hypertensive and boarderline high cholesterol) diagnosed with fatty liver syndrome. Cure to these is weight loss. I ache all over and tired all the time.

Hope to get to know you all as my journey begins x

Hello newbie, welcome to the family!

Hi Jay and welcome !
Don't be scared to ask anything , even if you think it's silly just ask away . There's always someone in here who can answer any question .. After all we've been there and done it and suffered lol !
I've been banded for just about 3 months and I love it .. It's not an easy option as you can still cheat and eat the wrong foods , so you have to be mentally ready for this .. Your whole outlook on food must change ..
Carbohydrates will have no place in your life . That's extremely hard when your a carbo drug addict like I was .
Xxxxx

Hello and welcome :)

Welcom, Mr super fitted mine via HW too he's a great surgeon.

I'm current,y awaiting conversion to MGB but I really hope the band is a success for you :)

Back