• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cook books for baritrict surgery from beginning to after the rest of your life

mouse57

Has anyone heard of Caroline Bowen Ball she is a food writer and critic who has had a bypass and has written two books from the beginning of the journey to the living with surgery. I've just sent for her two books because she has meals to cook and advice about how to cook etc.

Her books apparently have been recommended by nursing staff to patients. You can get them through amazon £9:95 plus £2:80 p&p. I'm looking forward to some nice safe cooking meals that all can eat. It's worth a share especially for those who are just starting and others you might all be surprised I'll let you know what I think when they arrive. The books are titled Return to Slender and Return to Slender 2

Last edited by a moderator:
The link is not working Mouse. Thinks it's Bariatric Cookery

Your right bear predictive text just does its own thing lol I've changed it now to the correct one

Hi there is it available on kindle?? As you can see from my other threads I'm so into cooked books and just finished the WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY COOKBOOK FOR DUMMIES its an American book but recipes are great! So good info too! X

No I don't think you can get it on Kindle, if you go into amazon it will let you know I think it's only paperback.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have further amended the thread, its ok to recommend cookbooks, especially if you already have them and use them.

Recommending other sites and forums and providing links to them isn't though I'm afraid.

Enjoy the books, I have the first one but find the recipes too carb heavy for me.

Why, if I've been reading information that has been helpful to use along side this one. I'm new to these sites so pleas advise the reasons please I don't want to do the wrong thing.

Thanks for pointing that out I must say I just joined I didn't realise there were rules apart from not being rude to people. :)

Strange because you usually have to say you agree to abide by the rules before you can sign up.

Maybe you'd forgotten as you did sign up in August, anyway I hope you enjoy the books.

The books arrived today and I'm not disappointed the advice and the mouth watering dishes look fantastic I can't wait to start cooking them well worth a peek

Back