• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cooking post bypass

Hi All
I’m due my bypass on the 8th Nov and at present I have a couple of hobbies riding my motorcycle / going to rallies & cooking. I’ve read what people have said about watching cookery programs being bad. What’s it like if you enjoy cooking?
I’m not a nibbler when I cook I just like experimenting and I’m not allowed a chemistry set after the stink bomb incident. I was looking forward to making micro meals and playing with textures and flavours. do you think this will be possible or am I kidding myself? :confused:

Hi All
I’m due my bypass on the 8th Nov and at present I have a couple of hobbies riding my motorcycle / going to rallies & cooking. I’ve read what people have said about watching cookery programs being bad. What’s it like if you enjoy cooking?
I’m not a nibbler when I cook I just like experimenting and I’m not allowed a chemistry set after the stink bomb incident. I was looking forward to making micro meals and playing with textures and flavours. do you think this will be possible or am I kidding myself? :confused:

Hi Al and welcome to the forum ! I think it's a great idea to continue your love for cooking and play with textures & flavours post bypass - and please share your experiments with us ! You might also like to have a look at these websites for inspiration:

Recipes and advice for weight-loss surgery patients | Uncategorized | Bariatric Cookery

theworldaccordingtoeggface

Hi Al,

Great to see you on here and wishing you all the very best of good luck on your WLS journey...

xxx

Hi good luck on your up and coming surgery xx

Hi Al. I think if you're not a picker when cooking then carry on regardless. If you can work out some tasty micro meals good for post-bypass there are lots of us on here will be happy to try them out too.

I think just keep in mind that you will be very restricted what texture you can eat at first and chicken and fish will probably be a no no for a good while.

Good luck for the 8th :D

Hi Al,
I didn't have the problem with food that some other guys had, i found it quite easy to cook etc: without feeling hungry, but every one's different xx

Hello and welcome,

I am sure you will be able to keep cooking, some can go back to a normal diet quicker than others.

I have been one of the lucky ones, it just takes a while to get used to how little to cook though. :)

Al you will be able to cook, it's just a case of learning substitutes for sugars etc... The world according to egg face is good but another good one is www.bariatriccookery.com got some good recipes to try for each stage of recovery for all types of surgery...

Enjoy the cooking and if you come up with something good please let us know xx

I love cooking and still do. Ive been very lucky with my foods and I just eat much smaller portions. I still watch cooking programs and love cooking for people and having friends round. The only thing I still do is cook too much!
Good luck and enjoy!

Thank you all for your advice if i come up with any tasty treats i'll be sure to post.
Cheers Al

Back