• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

CPAP NIGHTMARE CONTINUES

genevive57

hi again guys,
well i can confirm that i am an absolute failure!!
as promised i did try again last night but i am ashamed to say that after lying in absolute turmoil for about half an hour [which seemed like a lifetime] and getting more and more agitated i just couldn't stand that damn mask any longer - and i ripped it off.
needless to say this was swiftly followed by yet another domestic dispute with my hubby [who i know just wants the best for me] but, like a stupid teenager i flounced out of the bedroom in floods of tears and slept [ha ha] on the settee!! mature or what?
what the hell is wrong with me? there is so much riding on me conqering this fear - most importantly my sleeve op. i try talking to myself constantly. i think of those young soldiers recently blown up and the thought of their loved ones having to cope with this horrendous loss and i can't even cope with wearing a mask at bedtime!!
my poor hubby is crawling round me being nice n caring and i am ashamed to say i am treating him like **** - which confirms that i am not only a 'mask' coward but i am a proper evil cow too.
sorry for wittering on but i feel better just puttin my feelings into words xx

Aw bless u hun it carnt be nice especially as ur scared of it :( ur hubby will understand Hun :) I'm sure if u keep tryin each nite u will get there in the end I no its easy for me 2say as I ain't got 1 but I really do think I'd be the same good luck Hun don't beat urself up ur doin well :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Aw poor you, Jan :cry: I totally understand as I have a mortal fear of masks too :cry: Ring whoever supplied you with it as I am sure you are not alone in this. I also read that you need an attachment to stop the condensation forming & running back up the pipe & on to your face. Sorry I can't be more helpful as I have no personal experience, but there are lots of peeps on here who do. Not everyone gets it right first time ... chin up lovely & be kind to your hubby, bless :):) xxx

Hun i couldnt get on with mine.. i had one pre-op... it took a few attempts and also a change of mask...twice..before i was able to go nearly a whole night wearing it... it is trial and error. why dont you give the cpap department a call and see if they can help you.. maybe change your ask to a different type xx dont let it get you down lovely... you are so not a failure xx

This might sound silly but I found walking around the house with just the mask on go me used to it and I use ear plugs at night
Please don't give in as it will change your life I know how you are struggling but Ito be honest I did too I use a lip balm every night now too
Good luck
Mark

Hi

You could try what I do, although I only use the small mask that only goes over the nose.

Because I also suffer with Tinitus (is there no end to my problems :)) and cannot easily go to sleep because of the constant ringing and the hissing from hissing Sid AKA My CPAP machine, what I do is go to bed listenning to my iPod, I use the in ear buds, which also double as ear plugs so I dont get disturbed when the family start getting up for work at 4am, i only have the volume set very low and never hear more than 2 tracks before I go off to sleep. Give it a try if you can and it will help you relax before you sleep.

Paul

Last edited:
Back