• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day four in hospital

Mrs Z

It's not even for my bypass! So close to getting it done I could almost see the losers bench. I'm so fed up and sick.

My gallstones have been on a little journey including taking in the sights of my bile duct and setting off pancreatitis. Bring on having to have a lovely ERCP with a bile duct opening made, a stent in place and a pigtail drain in my gallbladder. Lovely 24hr a day fluids and antibiotics. Nil by mouth since Tuesday and the. There's the delightful catheter and probably a bag of blood this afternoon as all the fluid has made my blood levels drop loads and quickly.

I was soooooooo close. So bloody close. Feel like giving up and crying. (Well, no. Won't cry. Can't afford to lose the fluids).

bless you *hugs* sounds awful! but you are in the best possible place & i'm sure they will fix you xx

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Awww Mrs Z, you really haven't had it easy :(

Whatever you do, don't give up on the WLS. You might need a few weeks to recover from the gallbladder removal but you can still have surgery afterwards. Would be so much better of they could do both together though I know :( maybe suggest it to the surgical team if you're in the same hospital as you were due to have WLS in?

Sending you very positive thoughts xxx

so sorry to hear this maybe they can remove and do wls at same time ??? feel better soon

Thanks all.

I'm still in hospital now. Still on iv antibiotics, fluids and catheter.

Option one: They are going to find out if it's possible to have my surgeon take out the gallbladder and replace the stent prior to wls - must be done prior due to access reasons. If he says yes I will go back on the list. Depends how quick he can do it as maintenance of the current situation is apparently critical now with the added infection/inflammation leading to pancreatitis and the stent having to be replaced in the next 10 weeks.

Second option: have general surgery to remove gallbladder, remove stent and repair bile duct then wait 6+ months and go back on the wait list for wls.

All now depends on the meeting of the surgeons and the ward doctors.

Fingers crossed.

I'm fixed. Ha.

Spent two weeks in hospital and have had two operations. And have one more to go. Glad to see the back of my bloody gall bladder.

But on the puma side, I'm back on the bypass list and I have got my date - 15th September.

Can't wait.

Fab news mrs z soon fly by

Back