• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Miss Rotundo.. Stoke on Trent.

Bonita S

This woman is amazing. Anybody that is having their surgery under her or gets the chance they should grab it by both hands, she goes over and above to ensure your ok.

I'm set to have a revision done by Miss Rotundo on Sept 12th at Stoke following a failed bypass done at Walsall Manor in 2009. Miss Rotundo did my Gall Bladder last year and after lots of problems with the op she decided she was going to find out once and for all what was going on.

I had several operations at Walsall following the original op which left me in excruciating pain and real difficulties getting and keeping the weight off.

I was so down that I had suffered so many operations, that my body was so scarred and in such a mess but just left like that and still fat. All complaints to Walsall just fell on deaf ears.

Eventually following the disasters at Walsall I was diagnosed with complex PTDS, left in daily agony and no answers. I needed my Gall Bladder removed (had 20+ stones) but Walsall refused to do it and finding another surgeon prepared to do it after all the previous surgery proved to be impossible so further pain from that.

Eventually I ended up being admitted as an emergency to Stoke and the lovely Miss Rotundo drew the short straw. It was a risky op in the extreme, she was unprepared (not her fault) and things did go wrong, but I pulled through and this lovely lady as a result decided that she was going to find out what was going on.

Lots of tests later she finds that I have a huge Hernia (already had one fixed at Walsall), my stomach and bowel are inside the Hernia, the bowel is twisted and higher up than it should be. I have a fistula between my pouch and stomach joining the two together and effectively giving me two fully functioning stomachs, bile is pouring into my pouch from the main stomach and of course damaging the lining causing ulcers, I'm told the risk of getting cancer without a revision is also extremely high.

So upshot is... On the 17th of Sept this year (almost a year to the day since she did the last op) she is going to fix all this. She is repairing the fistula and re-bypassing my stomach, sorting the bowel too and removing as many of adhesions as she can. My liver has some damage and a stent in place after the gall bladder op so that is going to be checked too. She estimates that all this is going to take most of the day (5 hours plus) which tickled
me because she's teeny tiny and wears really high heels so feeling for her a bit on that score. She is bringing in a camera crew to film the op and doing a paper on it because it's the first time she or any of the bariatric team at Stoke have come across a fistula of this nature (although I know other ladies that have had revision due to fistula's). She isn't fixing the Hernia, that will be done at a later date with a promise of a Tummy Tuck at the same time.

Anyway my point in putting this is more to tell anybody that's having surgery by her that your in fantastic hands. I've been operated on by several top bariatric surgeons and none have come close to this wonderful woman...

Good lord - you've been through the mill! You sound incredibly together and brave considering all you've been through - I think I've have dissolved into a heap with no fight left in me if I'd been through half of that.

Fantastic news on finding the right surgeon for you too. Nowhere near comparable, but I had ME in the days when it was joked about as being 'yuppy flu' and I must have gone through around 6 consultants who all wrote it off as psychological before finding that one gem who didn't jump to conclusions, did some 'out of the box' thinking and tests and came to the conclusion I had ME. If it had not been for that person I think my year off work through sickness would have turned into many years.

The moral of both stories being at the end of the day you know when something's not right with your body and it's worth fighting and fighting because there is always someone in the medical profession out there who'll go that extra mile, find the real cause to your woes and fix them if they can.

Back