• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

do u believ ur weight-loss

claudia24

hoping to be a mummy soon
i mean like in ur mind??, like today im on the bus and it was gettin busy and when it was like that when i was 24stone id hate gettin up sayin excuse me and feel like everyone is lookin thinkin lose weight and u'd fit through, were now i weigh 17st and sometimes i stil think ill never get through there and now i glide through lol, somedays i still see myself as a (hate this word) FAT person and think i wont get through that gap on the bus or squeeze through them ppl on the chairs :p

but i do :eek::rolleyes::D

only in the last month im believin it as ive bought more new clothes and people at work seem to have noticed more and im wearin my new clothes to work so u can see the shape of my new body xx

No, not at all. I still feel like the 18 stone gal and not the 12 stone 10 pound gal I am now. I really don't see the difference in me when I look in the mirror.

no i don't believe it either, i went into Monsoon and picked up a dress to try on. as i was going toward the changing room i kept thinking any minute now someones gonna stop me trying this on in case a bust out of it. lol

I don't belive i have lost all that weight either. i still think when i go into next or that type of shop that the shop assistants are thinking she'll never get anything to fit her in here.:(

I dont believe the loss of 10st 6 and feel I am going to tear clothes I am trying on as they will be miles off fitting but they do fit and they dont tear.

im the same as all of u above, the only time i trully see it is when i put on my size 32 jeans and now im in size 20 lol, my bf keeps askin why u keepin them and i go because i cant believe they were gettin tight for me!

same here the other half is driven to distraction because i still refuse to go try clothes on in 'normal' shops, i too kept my biggest suit and i too still gauge spaces before walking through and still see the larger chap in my head.... strange but just what one gets used to i guess

i do that too. still look at the gaps between chairs in pub and think will i get through there without a squeeze and get shocked when i move through easily.
I had bought some size 20 tops in Evans and couldn't believe i fit in them, when i used to be a 30/32. Yet still yesterday when the size 20 top i'd ordered online came i held it up and thought, god that'll never fit me, but of course it did. I have no concept of how big my body is at all now and keep descreetly pointing out larger ladies to my hubby and asking am i bigger or smaller than them ?
I don't know why i ask him either, cos when he says i'm smaller i don't believe him and accuse him of just trying to be nice ! Poor sod can't win !!

I'm the same as the original poster. I started at 24st 9lbs, now I'm 17st 6lbs. I'm not wearing a size 22 and I have spent approx £300 on clothes lately, got really lucky in the charity shops and have a beautiful wardrobe for the first time in my life. I know I am still big, but I don't feel so obvious.

although i believe the weight loss and know im smaller i dont appriciate how small i am at times. It was funny because i met someone the other day off a dating web site and i have in my profile size 8 petite when he saw me he said yr smaller than i imagined theres nothing too you. when i told him i had lost 12 stone he just looked at me and said i weigh that..
What really brings it home to me is when i look in a mirroe and can see my coller bones bur also that despite my excess skin i can wears very fitted clothing in fact the more fitted the better as it holds it all in place.
but believe in yrselves you are all doing fab!!

If it wasn't for people's comments on my loss, and the fact I can get into much smaller clothes, I wouldn't realise either:eek::eek:

I dont believe it either. I think I find it extra hard because I never ever lost weight (apart from the occassional stone/stone and a half). I almost feel embarrssed by the amount I lost, well not embarrssed as such,more like I dont want to tell people.

At the support group in Charing Cross last week there was a lady afterwards that asked me when I had my surgery and how much I lost.. When I told her she just looked me up and down and I knew she was thinking "god, how big was she before!. I am sure she thought I was one of the pre-ops there for the information session.

Although I have lost eight stone I keep telling my family in Ireland not to expect to see much of a difference as it looks like I have lost two, as that is how I feel. But, when I saw them recently they noticed. Ok, they may not have guessed that it was as much as it was, but they certainly thought it was more than two stone.

They say the mind takes a while to catch up with the body. I suspect that I will see myself as the size I was for a long time as I have been overweight since the age of 8.

im the same hun it was only today really when sorting out clothes to go to oxfam that i tried on a pair of 30 pants and they where swimming on me im now a size 18 so you can see what i mean about swimming on me lol

even my hub sed to me omg i cant bleve you where ever that big and i sed no neither can i but what scares the life out of me is the storys you hear of peeps putin some of it back on or all of it back on thats really doesnt scare me and i will do my very very best never ever to put any weight back on lin.x

Back