• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

does this stuck feeling pass?

Serapis Bey

Im almost a month post op and Im introducing mushy food to my diet. Every time i eat anything thicker than yogurt, i get a stuck feeling in my chest. The sensation is dead centre of my chest, just below my boobies. Its not painful just irritating! Thankfully it only lasts for about 5-10 minutes. What is happening? Im not sure if the food is getting stuck coz i do chew the f#*k out of it.

Any ideas?

Hello Angel,

Yes I think it does improve and it's quiet discreet really in terms of how food does seem to go down easier... after a few more weeks. Eating slowly with small utensils helped me as did putting my knife and fork down and chewing even if there was very little to chew... I'd have a go.

I had to cut everything so small and still chew it well.

Plus leave any drinking for at least half an hour.

It's an awful feeling, as is the feeling that you may need to be sick to relieve this awful feeling.

Do hope you feel much better very soon and good luck with you wls.

Love and hugs as always, Bev xxx

I have just been advised to do nothing while eating,no tv,reading or talking,it distracts you and you either eat too fast or swallow too soon,Maz x

As the others say it does get better just eat slowly and chew well. I think it lasted for about a month with me.You will get there and feel normal again promise

Jo
xx

Thank you all for your advice and encouraging posts. I just felt a bit frustrated. Glad to know it will pass x

What happens if say like me you have a stressful job and have to eat at your desk whilst working? I can't really eat without distractions?

Back