• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Done and dusted and now for the hard part!

tango

Well I had a Gastric Sleeve on Wednesday and came home last night. Still a bit sore and tired but moving around ok.

Please can all you lovely people give me some advise. The hospital hasnt really given me a diet sheet so I am trying out things:

Couple of tea spoons milkly porridge
100ml Semi skimmed milk
100ml Orange Juice
1 Diarylea Light Triangle

What sort of things were you eating/drinking immediatley post op. Should I just stick to liquids only?

Thanks

well just want to wish you well and sending speedy recovery vibes......ill look out for your progress with interest as im to having a sleeve :)..... hopefully someone will be along soon , look out for mixxy as he s a sleever, ooo and tiarasandtantrums xx

Hope you are all healed and feeling fab as soon as possible Tango xxx
As Kelly said , Mixxy and Amanda are very successful sleevers and I'm sure will help a lot if they are around x
I had slimfast for the extra nutritional bits, lots of soup with no lumpy bits, runny porridge, complan etc.
Then later on after a couple weeks I had the mashed potato / veg....mince , soft scrambled egg, thicker soups and whizzed up ready meals.

Hey Tango... welcome to the losers bench.

Not sure if the rules are similar for sleevers as bypassers but I was on purees before leaving St Richards & then on soft foods by week 2... maybe different for you tho chick. x

Welcome to loserville Tango... Remember to take time for your recovery and drink plenty of fluids. I'll look forward to watching your journey xxx

Glad it went well! I had things like sugar free custard and semolina (made it all myself so I knew it had NO naughty stuff in it), soup (careful of sugar content if shop bought) and milky coffee :)

Welcome to the losers bench :D xx

Back