• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dumping the next morning?

Cath860

Hi all just a quick question. Think I just experienced a dump but it was this morning and I hadn't eaten since 7pm yesterday. Is this likely? I was sweaty and shaky and thought I was going to be sick. Also felt like upset stomach would normally. I had assumed if I was going to dump it would be right after the meal?

It might be low blood sugar try having something to eat before you go to bed and as soon as you get up.
I have felt like that when I haven't eaten for a while
HTH

Thank you! That hadn't occurred to me as I've never had low blood sugar in my life - thanks to constantly eating!!

the other day i ate something about 4pm & dumped on it about 7am the next day

i made the mistake of haing 2 biscuits before i went to bed last night... about 11.30.... then at 5am i was woken by hot and cold sweats, and the worst belly ache ever... defo a dump x

Yes could be either, I was advised to have some kind of carbs before bed as I was like that some mornings when I was at work, but you can dump well after eating a meal either shortly after or much later depends whats in your system to start with and how the body processes it. I have found in the last 2 weeks that whenever I have weetabix now n thats just 1 bout an hour after I get pains in the tummy and after bout nutha 10 mins av to go to the loo only once but thats it, and sweats, have eaten weetabix since my op and it never had that effect till lately, our bodies are very complex things xx

I spoke to the nurse and the dietician and they both felt it was likely to be low blood sugar, the nurse said the symptoms are v similar to a dump. I am eating very little as have no appetite at all. They also said I shd be eating every 4 hrs max and I had left it for 19 hrs!! So not surprising really. I know better now. I need to try sth like yoghurt at bedtime and again the minute I wake up. I'm only a week post-op so still sleeping for hours!

Back