• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dumplings, no, not that old chestnut, it has a 'L' in it!!

Mixman

OK, so I found another bargain meal! In the local Rip Off, I mean Co-oP, they are doing any 3 for £4 on Mini Classic meals. 300g of Beef stew, with a dumpling!!

Now it says fat, 6.9g, Sat Fat 3.1g and sugars 3.2g. All Good :D

But the dumpling!!! I know I'm not allowed bread, but is dumpling like bread? Or is it different as it's been baked, no yeast etc?

Any chefs/brains out there please?

Oh, and the chicken one is 9.9g fat, 5.1g sat fat and 3.1g sugar.

Even though small they are still to much to finish for me!

Dumplings have a lot of suet in them, which is pure animal or vegetable fat, so might not be good for a bypasser...

Cheers for all the advice. Much appreciated. I guess being a sleever, the 'rules' are a little different.

It was only a small one and very soft. To be honest, I couldn't believe how little calories, sugar and fat the meals had in them. Plus it has all the carrots etc that I will only eat in stews.

Well, it went fine, no after effects. I couldn't finish the meal. Even 300g and I can't eat it all!!!

I know being a sleever I'm not prone to dumping as much, but I daren't risk going too high with the sugars and fat anyways. That's one thing I'm resolute on, not having anything sweet.

So good news. It was nice. I won't be having them all the time, it's just something a little different to keep the enjoyment of tasting different acceptable foods alive.

Texture and taste of food has become more important to me since the op. I shall be off to find a co op, these meals sounds handy to have in the freezer.

Lx

Glad you enjoyed it mixman the secret is small and occassionally. Before when I did a stew I would have had half a ton of spuds, 4 rather large homemade dumplings, and a bowl of stew big enough to keep big daddy going for at least a week. On Sunday I had half a dumpling, half a spud and about 2 spoons of meat, carrots and onions and cabbage. Then the same again for my tea yesterday. That will do me now for a while. I find if I have what I fancy when I fancy it I don't pig out and am satisfied a lot easier with just a taste and sometimes I enjoy it and others its my old pre op head talking and my my new head and tastes just don't enjoy certain things anymore.

I've had the M&S version occasionally, like Terri says, a little bit of what you fancy does you good!

Just to clear up, sleevers don't dump in any way, as the pylori sphincter is still intact. It is the lack of the pylori in a bypasser that causes dumping, as there is no control of flow of food from the stomach to the intestines. In a sleeve, the stomach and intestines still function in exactly the same way as pre-op, it's just that the stomach is considerably smaller.

So yes, keeping sugar and fat levels low is important post-sleeve to ensure good weight loss, but there should be no ill effects of eating too much of either.

You have your dumpling poppet - I had M&S beef and chicken casserole and no ill effects with either - mind you I would appear to be able to eat most things. My problem is that they all taste wrong!

Back