• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

eBay - returning item

Lincs Lass

Anybody who uses eBay regularly will have been frustrated by the instruction that the buyer has to pay transport costs for returning faulty or incorrect items. Soooo unfair.

Well, there's a bit of good news on this front (as I just found out having ordered a swimdress and been sent black and white bikini bottoms).

Since 14 June 2014 sellers have to cover these costs. Distance Selling Regulations - Which?

At last - common sense prevails!!

It's a great system for honest buyers like yourself but there are a lot of dishonest buyers out there who are taking advantage of the new eBay returns policy. I've been stung several times by people saying they haven't received their item so I now send everything by tracked postage. Unfortunately, this ups the postage costs and reduces the number of bids :(

I agree. I sell all the time and I have had things go missing so I send everything first class recorded, but a lot of people don't like it. it covers me with ebay too

Back