• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eggs ???

Mgoody

Is it ok to eat an egg everyday ??? I've got it in my head that too many are bad re cholesterol . Since swapping my dry granola ( high calorie) for brekky with a one egg omelette with low fat cheese and either toms or onion I'm really full till lunch time - from 07:30 to 13:00 ish wish is really good but just concerned whether it's ok to have each day ???

Thanks

Michelle x x

Interested to hear peeps thoughts on this, as I love my scrambly egg too. Good question!

Eggs are great protein but I would alternate with something else so you have them 3/4 times per week.Get the eggs with added omega too they are better for us.How about bacon and tomatoes,kippers,low fat sausage,beans on toast,toast and peanut butter,grilled mushrooms and low fat cheese.Fruit and yoghurt.Maz x

The advice always used to be limit eggs to six per week. But my understanding is that this has now changed, and no limit?

Sent from my HTC Desire using WLSurgery

Thanks all - good article on BBC,will carry on as I am till my next fill ( week on Tues) and ask the dietician - if anything she'll prob say I need to vary my diet !

Michelle xx

You are always such a mine of food choices Maz, do you want to come and live with me, and look after my dietary needs? !

I tend to eat eggs on a regular basis (about 5 days a week) as they are good source of protein.

Normally boiled, but sometimes poached or in an omlette.

I hard boil 6 at a time and keep in my fridge.

I find they are also good to take out with me if I am walking,
I often slip a boiled egg in my pocket and a mini babybel light and a piece of fruit, (banana) and thats lunch sorted :)

All in their own wrapper so stay fresh and clean.

JayHobbs said:
I tend to eat eggs on a regular basis (about 5 days a week) as they are good source of protein.

Normally boiled, but sometimes poached or in an omlette.

I hard boil 6 at a time and keep in my fridge.

I find they are also good to take out with me if I am walking,
I often slip a boiled egg in my pocket and a mini babybel light and a piece of fruit, (banana) and thats lunch sorted :)

All in their own wrapper so stay fresh and clean.

Hey Jay - what a fab idea for lunch on the go ! Will defo try that - just out of curiosity how many cals are in a mini babybel light ?

Tvm, Michelle xx

Hey Jay - what a fab idea for lunch on the go ! Will defo try that -
just out of curiosity how many cals are in a mini babybel light ?

Tvm, Michelle xx

Hi Michelle. Just pasted/copied this from myfitnesspal website :D

Calories 50
Sodium 0 mg
Total Fat 3 g
Potassium 0 mg
Saturated 2 g
Total Carbs 0 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Monounsaturated 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Trans 0 g
Protein 5 g
Cholesterol 15 mg

Jay
xXx

great tip jay, i'm abit scared to try an egg as the last time it made me sick, but i've had my stretch since then so i'm gonna give it a go i think.

great tip jay, i'm abit scared to try an egg as the last time it made me sick, but i've had my stretch since then so i'm gonna give it a go i think.

Hi Sarah.

So pleased you got your problem sorted and have now had a stretch. It must have been pretty scarey.

I'd certainly give eggs a go, but take it easy as I know one of the ladies on here (lamoramiss) juat can't tolerate them. We are all different:confused:

I'd try scrambled/very soft to start with :)

I LOVE my eggs now! :D..

Before my bypass I could take em or leave em :confused:

A couple of my friends have now started to keep chickens so I get a good regular supply of fresh eggs and if any of my friends ask me to stay for lunch,, guess what I get... yeah a boiled egg... LOL (Lovely sliced, with a sliced tomato and salt & pepper Mmmmmmmm)

Hubby is still trying to persuade me to get a couple of chickens and a pen in the garden. Undecided about that though.

EGGS RULE !

HuGz
Jay
xXx

Hi All,

Great tips and I too love eggs. Had to keep to 1-2 a weeks due to cholesterol probs before op but recently I had a sandwich of chopped egg and tomatoe and it was pure nectar. Have had salad with egg, scrambled egg and omelettes. Yummy :D x

Mmm, all this egg talk is tantalizing my taste buds lol x

Back