• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Employment Support Allowance ....anyone claimed????

tuu

Hi everyone I'm due to have my surgery on 28th Sept and I'm self employed hairstylist....I've looked into any benefit I may be able to.claim as I've been told being a hairdresser.and standing on feet all.day I will need about 8 weeks recovery which will be a challenge financially. Obviously I've been trying to save but outgoings monthly normally match what comes in....lol Has anyone else claimed ESA I Did call them to ask process and was told if self employed as long as your NI is up to date you should qualify ...it is but not for last year as they have changed way they take it now and it's billed with your tax at end January when you do return......any help advice and what I will need from hospital and gp greatly recieved.. thanks xxxx

Hi everyone I'm due to have my surgery on 28th Sept and I'm self employed hairstylist....I've looked into any benefit I may be able to.claim as I've been told being a hairdresser.and standing on feet all.day I will need about 8 weeks recovery which will be a challenge financially. Obviously I've been trying to save but outgoings monthly normally match what comes in....lol Has anyone else claimed ESA I Did call them to ask process and was told if self employed as long as your NI is up to date you should qualify ...it is but not for last year as they have changed way they take it now and it's billed with your tax at end January when you do return......any help advice and what I will need from hospital and gp greatly recieved.. thanks xxxx
There are two types of ESA, contribution related and income related. You would need a sick note from your doctor to make a claim. I am not sure about self-employed rules and there may be something else you can claim such as income support. Would definitely contact CAB.

These guys are also worth contacting as they may have other info on money that could be useful https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-...I-claim-if-I-can-t-work-because#guide-content

Ive just looked at this and realised its your surgery date tomorrow. GOOD LUCK.

Back