• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Excellent book

Tyraboots

Eating well after weight loss surgery, by Pat Levine and Michele Bontempo-Saray

Some seriously gorgeous recipes in here, got it from Amazon

Each recipe is totally nutrient counted, and gives instructions regarding blending portion etc per surgical category, Lap Band, Bypass, BPD-DS etc.

ive got that 1 - it is good :) x

I brought it a while ago, looking forward to trying some recipes from there. I particularly liked the fact that one of the authors has had wls herself.... xx

Have to disagree, hate that book lol!! :eek: Very Americanised and not one of the recipes appeals to me! I mean, zucchini custards? Tuscan veal stew? Mock manhatten clam chowder? Are you sure?!! :D Glad you guys find it helpful though xx

Cuppa xx

Have to disagree, hate that book lol!! :eek: Very Americanised and not one of the recipes appeals to me! I mean, zucchini custards? Tuscan veal stew? Mock manhatten clam chowder? Are you sure?!! :D Glad you guys find it helpful though xx

Cuppa xx

i've got it too and i agree with you cuppa it's very americanised i think there's only a couple of recipes that appeal to me too :D

There are no English versions of this. The measurements can be converted quite easily. The chicken meals look gorgeous. The breakfasts, showing the many variations of omlette I think are very helpful for adding protein. Zuchini is courgette, lovely and soft.

You know what would be a magnificent idea, if all of us on the forum, combined and created a recipe book that could be downloaded from this site, and perhaps generated some cash for a charity.
Using our tried and tested favourite recipes, or recipes we have successfully adapted to be low fat high protein, for differing stages of the surgical loss journey, from an English perspective?

You know what would be a magnificent idea, if all of us on the forum, combined and created a recipe book that could be downloaded from this site, and perhaps generated some cash for a charity.
Using our tried and tested favourite recipes, or recipes we have successfully adapted to be low fat high protein, for differing stages of the surgical loss journey, from an English perspective?

Fantastic idea! Absolutely nothing against the american way of doing things btw, I just didn't personally find the recipes very appealing. I love cooking and being a family of five have lots of chance to practice new ideas, some successful, some not lol! Everyone in the family has benefitted from this op as they too now eat low fat, high protein meals, often without even knowing it! :D

Cuppa xx

Cuppa xx

Back