• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Excess Skin After Weight Loss

Kevin1708

Century Club
Hi

I have read many posts about excess skin post WLS but not been able to find a thread. I was wondering if anyone has had a good experience - that is to say everything has snapped back into place ?

I understand that, for whatever reason, women tend to be more prone to excess skin and the prevalence increases with age . . .

A final though, once the WLS in complete they should move us on (while still antithesised) to the Liposuction Department, then remodelling and finally to the pharmacy to be issued with life time supply of (a) Orilstat (b) Sibutramine, (c) Rimonabant (d) Metormin (e) Exenatide and (f) Pramlintide xx

Hi Kevin, here's some before and afters. I was nearly 32 stone, currently around 16 stone. Was 58" waist, now 36"

20thJuneDay11.jpg

210467_10150556549410641_659750640_17933532_6307201_o.jpg

209475_10150556547175641_659750640_17933520_6656725_o.jpg

200987_10150556546040641_659750640_17933515_5654405_o.jpg

194204_10150554375965641_659750640_17917003_5572235_o.jpg

Mixxy love you balancing on the loo!Have you asked about plastics for your chest or are you not bothered?Have to say that is the only area that tells me you were ever bigger.You look just fine mate!Maz x

it's a concern of mine, but i'm just gonna deal with it. Most important thing for me at the moment is my health.x

Hi

I have read many posts about excess skin post WLS but not been able to find a thread. I was wondering if anyone has had a good experience - that is to say everything has snapped back into place ?

I understand that, for whatever reason, women tend to be more prone to excess skin and the prevalence increases with age . . .

A final though, once the WLS in complete they should move us on (while still antithesised) to the Liposuction Department, then remodelling and finally to the pharmacy to be issued with life time supply of (a) Orilstat (b) Sibutramine, (c) Rimonabant (d) Metormin (e) Exenatide and (f) Pramlintide xx
Ive decided to snap back into place when down to target weight! I think all I need is the power of positive thought!
I'll let you know how it goes!

When a first spoke to the consultant before my op he was adornment that I get out walking straight after having the op he said the more exercising you do from the beginning the less likely of loss skin - will wait & see lol x

I have lost about half of my excess weight, right now i'm getting to the point where i don't like sleeveless tops because my arms are starting to show a bit (i guess when i lose another 4 stone i'll really hate them). My inner thighs are showing wrinkles (and before you ask i didn't bend down and look i noticed in the full length mirror) and i know my tummy will have it as it already hangs halfway down my foo foo. In an ideal world i'd love for the nhs to deal with all of this, however it is not an ideal world so i'll choose to live with it if i have too.

Before i had my surgery my 23 yr old son said to me and i quote ''what about the excess skin mom''? My answer? I've always had the excess skin son, but it was full of fat, i won't die because of lose skin, i will die from being fat.

That attitude kinda gets me through it, that and the fact that i don't walk around naked outside, once dressed i don't look too bad :) x

Excess skin ... well, I can still tuck it all in my trousers and hide it, but it is definitely there. I can't see me ever getting plastics though. As has been said before, I too have age and gender against me.

Mixxy, loving the pic of you balanced on the loo! You couldn't have done that a while back - there would have been a right royal flush! x

One more post Claire and you will have access to more features on this site, photo's personal messaging Etc. Well done.

I worry about loose skin, I guess we all do, even if it is the back of our minds. I worry about everything sagging down to my knees but then again, I worry about everything in a glass half empty kinda way.

I am also stressing about excess skin, mine being my arms as they are big and now the weight is coming off they are very floppy and hang down alot! I am getting some dumbbells and will do some excersises and pray lol

been worrying about this topic for ages as i'dlost weight previously but had a ton of excess weight which i couldnt shift this time however im gonna try and do the gym as well as eating plan and hopefully things will look better if not then i guess i have to beg my docs to fix that part (my tummy has been cut in the past around 20+ occations so think that may have to be worked on by the docs anyway) xxx

Mixxy love you balancing on the loo!Have you asked about plastics for your chest or are you not bothered?Have to say that is the only area that tells me you were ever bigger.You look just fine mate!Maz x

Haven't asked yet as not too bothered but might just try next time I go to docs!

I have quite a bit on my stomach and upper thighs but worse is my arms - they are very crepey and I have done lots of resistance training on them but the skin still wobbles about. My stomach and legs I can disguise when I'm dressed but I'm fed up not being able to wear sleeveless tops. Pct don't fund plastics anymore so will have to go private. I'm weighing up whether it's worth going through it and ending up with scars instead of crepey skin

i got bits that aren't "snapping back" anywhere hahaha
gonna try for funding later on but I know i will need some kinda help with this part of the journey

Im about 18 months post op now, and my skin is horrid, but it has improved a little in the last 6 months.

I need a tummy tuck and am hoping I will be put on the list when i see the consultant next month. I saw him 6 months ago and he asked me to maintain the loss which I have done.

I also need my boobs done. Have gone down from 40J to 32GG, but they are very crepey and baggy - cant think of a better description! Im hoping I can have a reduction and the surgeon did say I could get them done after my tummy, but with the NHS goalposts moving Im not counting my chickens on that one just yet.

This worries me too but surgeon said that I might not have too much excess as, although I am big, I am also very muscley so providing I keep up the exercise I might not have it too bad...but if it is they he said they can suggest to my GP that I have skin removal and then if my GP approves it then it will be done on the NHS

Spoke to my Gp about my thighs as they are REALLy WEird now, the skin just flaps about SEriously and when I'm sleeping it encloses my nether regions which leads to curious smells in the morning. GP had referred me to surgeon due to reacurring infection to see if skin can be removed but he hasnt requested funding so God knows what will happen.

Cant believe what I type on here, its a good job you cant see my face right now I'm bright red!! LOl Xx

Back