• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Exercise Bike

Muizenberg

Just purchased 2nd hand exercise bike from Ebay. Thought it might be a problematic due to weighing more than maximum user limit.

Although can only cycle for 6mins sessions , loving it. Thought it would be a good addition to weekly Zumba and Sky's various fitness workouts.

I love 'em. One can build up their exercise amounts easily, adjust the peddle resistance so you can still do short times on it, but for a more up hill routine. And when it falls out of favour they are great clothes horses too.

I have a brand new exercise bike that's been hidden under a pile of clothes in the spare room since I bought it well over a year ago!
I'd forgotten all about it until now...I'll have to unearth it and have a go myself!

thats like my cross trainer LOL but the part where you stand is at a funny angle it hurts my knees :( am hoping that when I've lost some more weight that it may not do . . .if it does, then I will sell it and replace it with something else lol

I have a brand new exercise bike that's been hidden under a pile of clothes in the spare room since I bought it well over a year ago!

I often have to stay in hotels when I'm at client sites and these rooms often have trouser presses, drawers, wardrobes with sliding doors.

Something that always struck me was if our exercise machines can help us with our clothes storage, then why can't our clothes storage things help us with our exercise? Change a trouser press a little, bigger spring on it and you have some kind of resistance training as you try to squish your trousers in there. Put weights on the sliding doors so when you try to open the wardrobe you have a bit of a work out. Attach springs to backs of drawers, so they try to pull shut as you try to open them... There could be a business here...

Thanks for the encouragement.

The Sky workouts are on the Fitness channel and tend to be 1/2hr duration

Hi,
Congratulations! Its a great news you have bought a new bicycle. I am sure you are enjoying every bit of your ride. I believe cycling is a good way to reduce weight. It will help you to become physically fit and you will remain in good shape and body.

So it won't matter if I weigh more than the maximum weight? I have always wanted to buy a recumbent bike, but was always put off by them saying maximum weight is 16 stone or hundred kilograms.

Back